“excellent service, very accommodating!”
Review of The Bayview

The Bayview
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is a very nice hotel where the staff is very helpful. The rooms are spacious with comfortable beds. Our room has a balcony with a view of the bay. Although we came after nightfall it seems that the grounds are well kept.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sos18
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you! Good service with a smile, our mantra! The rooms are big and the view is so pretty! I especially like the morning sunrise looking towards Bar Island. It can really be something special to see! I hope you can return someday and actually enjoy the grounds and some more of the view!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

From the outstanding complimentary breakfast to the free car service into town to the heated salt water pool to the great maid service, no one could beat the Bayview. You can't go wrong! The breakfasts were out of this world with home made pasteries and a different egg entree every day"

Room Tip: Make sure to get a town house for 4 or more. Bedrooms on the ground floor, living area on the top. N...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Aw shucks, you make us blush! What a wonderful review! I hope that means we'll see you back again someday! It sounds to me like you had a great time and that is what matters most of all! I will be sure and let everyone know the high praise you gave and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The Bayview is a family feel hotel. You are surrounded with attention during your whole stay.
Our room was very big and nice, the bed (we had a king size) was comfy. We had a small fridge, coffee machine, balcony with two chairs (with awesome view on Gulf of Maine).
As to the bathroom, it was pretty tiny. My husband is in a wheelchair (manual/foldable, not a huge one) and it was really difficult to fit between bath tub and sink. And the drain in a bath tub seemed to be blocked. I let reception know, but one day after I still had the same issue.
The breakfast time was also a unique experience - every single meal was a peace of art!! Both my husband and I enjoyed it. A little disappointed though that there is no lunch or dinner service, and the bar is open only till 5PM...
Overall, a positive experience

2  Thank Rsofia

Thank you and I am glad you had a nice time. You hit the nail on the head, 100% relax. That is truly a vacation. I am sorry about the bathroom, they are small in comparison to our handicap accessible guestroom and although the correct width, the layout and design can make it awkward. I will pass along your kudos to Rebbeka and staff regarding breakfast. She will be very pleased I am sure. About ten years ago I made the decision to stop serving dinner here for a number of reasons. In order to make that work for our guests we started the full time shuttle service. I can't even begin to know for sure how many restaurants there are in the area but I know there are many wonderful places to dine. We continue to have the bar open from 5pm-8pm as a service for our guests but will accommodate any requests throughout the day. It allows people to relax after a busy day of activities and get ready to head out for the evening entertainment. All in all, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return someday.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Bayview is a very nice hotel with a wonderful location. It's about a mile and a half from downtown Bar Harbor, so it's a little far to walk, but they do offer a complimentary shuttle service. The front desk will help you make arrangements and when you're ready to go back to the hotel, you call and they send the driver to pick you up. We never waited more than 5 or 10 minutes. The staff at the hotel is outstanding - extremely friendly and helpful, and my son loved cookies they put out each afternoon. That always made his day! The view from our balcony was beautiful and breakfast in the morning was very enjoyable. We would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you! We are glad you had such a nice stay. I think our shuttle is great for everyone, going downtown and finding a place to park can be very frustrating. As the season moves into high gear it is just so much nicer to have someone drop you off and pick you up. The cookies are a hit with kids and adults, there is no discrimination on that! I hope you do come back again someday, the familiar faces are an extra bonus for us and we all enjoy having guests return. Thank you again for taking the time to write and hurry back!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This place is a wonderful hotel due to its staff. They were so friendly and helpful. The shuttle service to town is fantastic. The rooms are dated, but VERY clean. The views are beautiful. The breakfast is delicious and unlike a hotel continental breakfast. There was fresh fruit, eggs benedict, and wonderful juice "mocktails". It is a bit far from town, but the shuttle is fast and accommodating. It was a great option.

3  Thank kjbrown83

Thank you for your great review! I don't think we can ever hear the kind words enough! The view is wonderful, I agree, I need to spend more time looking at it! We have had many guests lately that are amazed by the view and the green grass! It is so true that often times we just don't appreciate what we have, but with so many of our guests coming from areas of drought and extreme heat I am beginning to see just how lucky we are. Please come again!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Bayview was our first stop on our honeymoon through Maine. From the friendly and helpful staff, to the afternoon cookies, to the morning breakfast, I have to rate my stay five stars. We loved the size of the room, the view of the Bay, and the fact that we were not in downtown Bar Harbor, but super close to it. I would definitely recommend it, and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you! First stop on your honeymoon means returning on your anniversary! I agree with you that our location is great, very close to downtown but far enough away from the crowds. The whole staff works together so that from morning til night we give you the best service we can muster. Good food, big rooms, friendly staff, spectacular views and happy honeymooners...what a wonderful combination! Thank you again!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

The staff is very friendly. The room was immaculate. This hotel is well maintained. The view of Frenchmans Bay from our room was spectacular. Their are great views from the pool too. The pool has salt water in it. The breakfast was delicious. Loved everything. Our room was massive. Would definitely go back again and again. And there shuttle you into town.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the balcony facing Frenchmans Bay.
2  Thank ms1322
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you so much for the great review. You actually mentioned everyone, desk, grounds, bell staff, maintenance,housekeeping, dining room....you gave them all a pat on the back! We all appreciate that because we work hard so you can relax and enjoy! Please come back again!