This hotel deserves it's #1 ranking. From the moment we arrived we felt welcome and comfortable. The staff were helpful and friendly but not at all intrusive. The hotel has a b&b feel with modern amenities and more room. Adding to the b&b feel were the huge and varied breakfasts. Yum! We ate what was provided but noticed the chef making individual things for people with dietary needs.
We had to move rooms during our stay (we booked it that way due to our desire for a room that wasn't available our whole stay). The move was seamless thanks to the assistance from the staff. Both rooms had incredible views with large balconies. The decor was not super modern but this was typical for what we saw in Maine.
Its situated about a mile outside of town, very close to Acadia.. It's an easy walk and they provide complimentary shuttle service until 10 pm. We can't recommend the Bayview enough, we would go back in a second.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Personalized friendly service, peaceful and quiet setting, spectacular views, close to downtown Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. Spacious oceanfront hotel rooms with balconies, some family friendly, or larger two and three bedroom townhomes and house. Expanded continental breakfast, pool, shuttle service, fresh baked cookies, lounge and limited wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your The Bayview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bayview Hotel Bar Harbor
- Bayview Bar Harbor
- Bayview Hotel Bar Harbor
- The Bayview Bar Harbor, Maine