We had reserved ahead for a room with a king bed and great view. We got those two requests as well as a much more spacious room than we had expected which was located on the top floor.
The room was very clean and the view of the bay was fantastic. I was hoping to see at least one cruise ship while in Bar Harbor but as it turned out I saw a few of them, didn't realise B.H. was so popular with cruise ships but hardly noticed the number of passengers as they pretty much boarded tour busses and left the downtown area. The availability of the free shuttle bus to the downtown (which picked us up at the door) was a real plus as we just left our car in the hotel parking lot and used the bus to get around to the areas we wanted to see. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful and at the time we were initally checking in he pointed out that there was a deer which had just come out of the wooded area on their property and was walking around on the lawn, haven't seen that at other hotels we've stayed at. If there were one "con" it would be the lack of hot items for breakfast but this gave us an opportunity to try breakfast at some of the local restaurants.
I have to say we were extremely satisfied with our stay and would recommend the Atlantic Eyrie to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Eyrie Lodge sits high atop a bluff overlooking the waters of Frenchman Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Hotel.de so you can book your Atlantic Eyrie Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Eyrie Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Eyrie Motel
- Atlantic Eyrie Lodge Bar Harbor, Maine