“Comfortable, clean and affordable”

Atlantic Eyrie Lodge
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Our family of 5 was able to sleep comfortably in our large room. The view was stunning, the breakfast was nice and the hotel was clean and well kept. I would love to come back again!

Reviewed August 31, 2010

Excellent value for what you get. Exceptionally clean room and priceless view. Right in the heart of everything (in between Bar Harbor town and Acadia Park). Breakfast was ok, enough to start the day. Would recommend this for those who want to save a bit and get the best bang for their buck!
P.S. ask for a corner room (ours was 414), you will get 2 amazing views (1 from your balcony and 1 from your bed).

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SuzieQtee
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We wanted to stay at The Bayview, however it was full, so they recommended the Atlantic Eyrie Lodge and I'm glad they did. Location was fabulous, right on a hill above the Bluenose Inn. About 95 percent of rooms have an ocean view. It was great value for the area. Motel style setup - room doors are all outside - access by balcony. Can either take stairs or 1 elevator.

Gorgeous watching the sunrise from balcony. Speaking of which, we did drive to the top of Cadillac Mountain to watch the sunrise (Tip, the sunrise as per the park ranger was 5:35, we left hotel at 4:45 drove 15 minutes and the sky was aleady turning pink. Would have liked to get there when it was pitch black.) Sunrise from Cadillac Mountain was beautiful as you can see Bar Harbor Bay on the left and the little islands peeking out of the water. It was not as religious of an experience as watching the sunrise at the tip of Haleakala volcano however.

Pros
Good value
Clean Rooms (Rooms on the 3 and 4 floors were renovated in 2010 which generally have queens & king beds).
Staff was courteous.
Cleaning ladies were great - Jean gave us extra bags for diaper disposals without us asking
Fine toiletries from Sonoma (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soaps)
Liked having a second sink in the room.
Outdoor pool looked nice, but did not use.

Free Breakfast was plentiful consisted of french toast (that you had to put in the toaster), English muffins, regular toast, bananas, cantelope, honeydew, grapes, mandarin oranges, yogurt (only 1 kind that was in a large bowl for guests to scoop), coffee (Folders), orange juice, cranberry juice, apple juice, 4 different cereals including granola, cheerios, rasisen bran. Breakfast area always clean.

Cons
We had reservations for a king bed, however upon checkin we were given doubles.
Howling winds at night
Very Weak wi-fi signal
Only 1 computer in lobby for guests to use

Overall great value in Bar Harbor & convenient location! Would definitely come back.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Stayed here on our way down to Kittery. Too bad they stopped the ferry from Nova Scotia, Canada. All rooms except 3? have ocean view. Pool area was good. Breakfast was good. We'd stay here again.

Reviewed August 15, 2010

This was my second stay at this hotel. I stayed here last year with my husband, fur baby (doggy), and parents and had a nice stay. So I returned again this year with my sister and her family. The staff was friendly and helpful as usual. Since my fur baby was not with me this time I had a room with a view. My room and my sister's family’s room were both nice and clean. My beds were a little hard but I will take that with a really nice clean hotel and great staff any day. The continental breakfast was nice but, I would like to see some protein added in the future. The location of the hotel is convenient to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. So since I have stayed here once before you know the next time I am looking at going to Bar Harbor I will be looking to stay there again.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

We recently stayed at the Atlantic Eyrie on the recommendation of another hotelier in Bar Harbor (who had no reservations) and what a find! All the rooms overlook the bay and islands. About a mile in one direction to the entrance to Acadia National Park and a mile in the other to downtown Bar Harbor. The rooms are VERY clean and spacious with a balcony and view that is worth it's weight in lobsters! My kids got a kick out of the salt water pool and the continental breakfast (complimentary) was the perfect start to hiking and seeing the sights.

Reviewed July 23, 2010

We loved this place !!!!! Great value,scenic view,customer service and very clean. Awesome pool and location is walking distance to Bar Harbor. We (Husband,son(14) and myself loved staying here and are already planning next years trip to this place. Acadia park located about 10-15 min. from here and also they have a FREE shuttle bus that runs until 10pm from bar harbor to hotel ............This was a sweet and memorable vacation. I would recommend this hotel to anyone .......

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family