This is a great place. The staff is very friendly and can totally meet your needs. I am from the area so I known of this hotel for a long time, but I totally wouldn't choose another place to stay in Bar Harbor. There is nice flowers and plants that make the place look so beautiful. They have a really nice pool that on a grass hill. The pool is heated by solar panels, so it can be on the cooler side if it's been cloudy for a few days. The Island Explorer shuttle that stops at the hotel every 15-30mins (Depending on time) is a great way to get downtown or to Acadia National Park places (Runs for June to September) The rooms are a decent size and are totally worth every penny!
Update: This year they now have a couple Pet Friendly rooms according to their website. They also have new doors with cards instead of those old keys and door with the windows in them. There is also some new stuff in the rooms and their has been lots of other work done to the place over the past winter according to staff.
I can wait to see the place this year. I totally recommend this place because they have great rates and almost all the rooms are ocean view.
Ocean view rooms, nice air smell, friendly & helpful staff. Also the shuttle service is great and helpful.
No Jaccuzzi, Wifi is kinda slow at times, but was always working for me, & lots of stair to pool but worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Eyrie Lodge sits high atop a bluff overlooking the waters of Frenchman Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Atlantic Eyrie Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Eyrie Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Eyrie Motel
- Atlantic Eyrie Lodge Bar Harbor, Maine