My husband and I enjoyed our stay here and we will return. Old world, clean, comfortable & charming with a refreshing swimming pool. The staff are all friendly and go out of their way to help you with just about anything - ASAP! They were amazing. This hotel is on the route of the free "Island Explorer bus" to downtown and Acadia (you catch a 2nd bus to go to Acadia.)
The rooms with the balconies have a magnificent view of the bay and the property is well kept. A previous reviewer indicated that the carpeting on the outside stairs was worn - it looks like they are in the process of fixing that (not something I cared about anyway.) The included continental breakfast is adequate and held us over until lunch time. I was very happy that they had yogurt! (There is breakfast - but no restaurant on premises.) The only negative was that the coffee in the room is horrible. In the lobby they offer coffee 24/7 which is nice but that wasn't much better. The "breakfast room" coffee is a little bit better - but still not good. I recommend that management upgrade the coffee - LOL :) Minor points I know - just an observation. I DO recommend this hotel for cleanliness, great staff and great views. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Eyrie Lodge sits high atop a bluff overlooking the waters of Frenchman Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Atlantic Eyrie Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Eyrie Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Eyrie Motel
- Atlantic Eyrie Lodge Bar Harbor, Maine