“A great find”

Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
denver
“A great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is a special place from the spectacular views to the very nice and helpful staff. The room was spacious and the breakfasts were tasty. I'm sure there are other very nice lodging options but I would only stay here if we return. I do want to thank the staff for going out of the way to make us feel so welcome.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank drfrank21
atlanticeyrie, internet advertising at Atlantic Eyrie Lodge, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Hello,
Thank you for your review, I'm so happy our staff made you feel at home and it sounds like they might have done a little more. I hope you had lots of time to explore our beautiful island and a few of the other towns. It is so gratifying to read that you would stay with us again, that is a huge compliment. Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful summer! ~Joanne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Ormond Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

A friend recommended that we book early to get into this fantastic lodge. It wasn't packed out, but it was fabulous! You are a short ride or longish walk into town, but up on a mountain with a view that includes the "ride on" sandbar, Frenchman's Bay and the cruise ships etc. Most rooms have comfortable balconies, a perfect place to kick back. It is also a short distance to Acadia Park. The included breakfast includes a wide variety of items and delicious muffins and fruit. There is fresh coffee available 24 hrs a day. The rooms are clean and beds most comfortable. The staff is both efficient and friendly. What a gem!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HappyOakdale_NY
atlanticeyrie, online marketing at Atlantic Eyrie Lodge, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Hello,
Thank you very much for the lovely review. It's so rewarding to hear that another guest has recommended us to a new guest. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay at "The Eyrie" I'm thinking I need to get some of the delicious muffins and a cup of coffee, it must be the afternoon slump! I hope you had a chance to explore the town as well as the island. There are so many wonderful areas here to see. Have a wonderful summer and we sincerely appreciate the kind review. ~Joanne
Peabody, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the lodge on our honeymoon two years ago over Memorial Day weekend. We only booked a few months in advance and found this place reviewed online. While walking to the door of our fourth floor room (I believe the best room in the place!), I was momentarily disappointed to think that it did not have an ocean view. I could not believe my eyes when we opened the door and saw the spectacular view of Frenchman Bay through the slider. The room was spacious with a king bed, tables and an excellent balcony. The included breakfast was good, the staff was excellent and everything was clean. The location is excellent; very close to downtown and Acadia National Park. We were not able to come back last year, but just returned today from a five day stay celebrating our 2nd anniversary. When I booked the room, I asked if we could have the same room as we stayed in two years ago and they accommodated our request. We enjoyed this stay just as much and were impressed with all the upgrades and work that have been done around the property. This place is truly the best value in Bar Harbor, with a million dollar view.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cynthia D
atlanticeyrie, internet advertising at Atlantic Eyrie Lodge, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Good afternoon and Happy belated anniversary! What a wonderful review to start our season, thank you very much. It is so nice to hear from a happy guest but more importantly a repeat guest who has seen the many improvements we've been doing. We are so excited to start another summer here in Bar Harbor and having all these major renovations is such a bonus. I'm glad you were able to stay in the same room for your stay. My family likes to do that as well when we go back to vacation spots. Have a great summer (hopefully warm) and thanks again for the lovely, positive review. Hope to "see" you again. ~Joanne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

A longtime friend and I flew to Maine several years ago in June with a reservation at the Atlantic Eyrie Lodge. First of all, I was awed by the spectacular view down below of Frenchman's Bay. Our room was clean and had the bay view from our balcony. We ate at the breakfast room every morning, and consumed the hot muffins made right there. Blueberry and cranberry, of course. We were entertained by deer grazing on the slope below the lodge, so if you don't have your own pets to take there, they're provided for you. The staff was awesome, and when I return to Maine I'll definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: facing the bay for the view of the sunrise every morning (when we were there it was @ 4 a.m.)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SandiS2
atlanticeyrie, internet advertising at Atlantic Eyrie Lodge, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Hello,
Thank you so much for the glowing review. I would really hope you can make it back to stay sometime as for the last several years we have tackled big projects to renovate the hotel. You will see major improvements and changes. We still have our resident deer who come on a regular basis! I'm impressed you were up at 4 am for sunrise. I would like to pretend I have done that but unless I fell out of bed that wouldn't happen! However, sunset and views I have been able to enjoy. Take care and thanks again, Joanne
Selden, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I had booked Acadia Days Inn and what a mess that was....you can see my review on that one!!!! We could not stay at Days Inn whatsoever and since we had no help from Days Inn to find another hotel we actually drove around ourselves to each hotel until we found the Atlantic Eyrie Lodge....they were booked but we got lucky because of a cancellation!! We got a room facing the water with such spectacular views!! The rooms were so clean and beds had crisp new sheets! Extremely helpful staff which showed us where to go visit and where to eat!! Breakfast was delicious and fresh and a variety of bagels, muffins, cereals, eggs, etc!!! Most definitely will stay here if I ever come back!!!! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank scsantos20
Thank you! I think because most of us do travel a little bit we have come to appreciate a clean room. Believe it or not, it is one of the most frequent guest comments we receive. We are so lucky to have a great housekeeping staff (as well as all our other staff!) and reviews like yours are a great pat on the back for them and I will pass on your kind words to our manager, Bruce. Happy for you we had a cancellation and you were able to stay with us. Take care and hope to see you again! ~Joanne
Rugby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

We picked this hotel mainly on the price and the reviews from Tripadvisor and what a great decision that turned out to be.

Unfortunately we arrived in the dark and missed the first turn -in but somehow managed to come at the hotel from the wrong direction but on the right road and effectively found it out of pure luck!!! Even in daylight it's not the easiest hotel to find but they are on the shuttle bus route which runs every 30minutes into town and other hotels and is free.

Initially the hotel looks a bit 'Eyrie' and is more of a motel style with external corridors. The rooms are very spacious which is ideal when you travel with plenty of suitcases and bags!!! The room offered all the standard amenities - fridge, microwave, tea & coffee machine, iron & ironing board and even an additional sink area outside of the bathroom. There were also plenty of towels in the bathroom.

The main reason to stay here of course is the fabulous view that is offered from all the rooms - a view of Frenchman's Harbor. The floor to ceiling patio doors made for a fabulous view inside your room and the spacious balcony was wonderful for admiring the view outside and the local wildlife - we saw a deer in the garden area. This is a very peaceful hotel as it is off the main road and up a hill.

This hotel also had a decent size swimming pool, seating areas outside and also offered hot and cold breakfast - cereals, breads, eggs, etc...

The lady on the reception desk when we arrived was very friendly and helpful. She offered us a local map and gave advice on restaurants and directions of how to get there from the hotel. This hotel is also not far from Acadia National Park.

The only negatives I have are that there is about a 2 inch drop from the elevator floor to the external corridor which makes pulling the luggage carrier hard work especially when you are trying to go up the ledge! Also the décor is a bit dark and dull but is in good condition and is clean.

Overall this is a lovely hotel with great views and service. Would definitely stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, it was very informative for potential guests as well as helpful for our staff. Your photos were great and we are happy to say we have changed the exterior carpeting over the winter and also have redone the parking lot among other changes. I will mention to Bruce the manager about the lip getting off the elevator. I'm not sure if that is something fixable or not but if it is I am sure he will take care of it. Have a great spring and thank you again. ~Joanne
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Wonderful folk, wonderful place, pet friendliest! Gorgeous view, right down the hill from the village. Great wide open area for dogs to play. Pool very nice. next to back roads as alternative ways to get out of town without going through traffic. great biking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DrK1902
Hello,
Hope you had a wonderful winter in Sarasota! I'd like to pretend our winter and spring so far have been wonderful but that would be a white lie! We so appreciate your review and the fact you mentioned the pet friendly aspect as well as the wide open spaces here. Hopefully you saw some of our resident wildlife, especially the deer. Have a wonderful spring (and 2014!) and hope to see you again. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review. ~Joanne