We choose this property based on several parameters. First and foremost is it's location. This is the highest lodging in Bar Harbor, so all rooms have a great view of Frenchman Bay. They’re East facing, perfect for sunrises on your balcony. Set those alarms! Second is the free continental breakfast in the bright and sunny eating area. Third and most important, is fair pricing for clean, modern well appointed rooms. Not a single complaint here. The parking is not over-sized, and will fill to capacity depending on bookings. Isn't everyone on Cadillac Mountain for Sunset, followed by a late dinner in town? Apparently no. Not a big deal though. Speaking of Cadillac Mountain, you can see it's summit from the entry/street side of the building. If you have binoculars, people will be visible. One funny thing to note: It was quite windy the two nights we stayed here, and the door isn't really air tight, which leads to a howling ghost noise from the air blowing through. We laughed. The waterfront is about ten minutes away, however parking there might be an issue. The free Island shuttle bus runs often. Think about using it. Acadia National Park is also about a ten minute ride. We were totally happy!
You need to stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Eyrie Lodge sits high atop a bluff overlooking the waters of Frenchman Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Atlantic Eyrie Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Eyrie Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Eyrie Motel
- Atlantic Eyrie Lodge Bar Harbor, Maine