“This was our second time visiting Bar harbor”
Review of Acacia House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Acacia House Inn
Ranked #14 of 30 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Also the second vacation staying at Acacia inn and it was just as great as we remembered it. Anna and Ralph are great hosts and wonderful cooks. Breakfast is amazing. The rooms are clean and very comfortable.
They are close to everything,but quiet at night for sleeping. We wjill be returning. This next time in the fall.

Room Tip: Either the house or the carriage house, you can't go wrong
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Acacia House Inn

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This B and B was fantastic.. We stayed in room one which is the only room on the first floor. It is next to the kitchen so if u are a light sleeper you may hear dishes banging around early in the morning. We had the air conditioner on so it drowned out all the noise so we were fine. The room was spotless and extremely comfortable. The bathroom had a huge walk in shower with six shower heads and it also had a whirlpool tub which was perfect to relax your muscles after a day of hiking. The location is perfect right in the heart of all the shops and restaurants but without being on a noisey street. Breakfast was out of this world. One morning I had strawberry almond cream cheese stuffed French toast and another morning I had corn scallion and cheddar pancakes with two eggs on top and homemade salsa!!!!! Can't wait to go back just for the breakfast!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Had a wonderful time at the Acacia House Inn this past weekend. Breakfast was delicious and the service was great! Room two was cozy and had a large balcony overlooking the front yard and street. Perfect location and easy walk to all attractions in Bar Harbor. Acadia National Park was only a short drive away. Always looked forward to fresh baked cookies and lemonade in the afternoon. Thanks for a great weekend! We plan to return in the future!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed in room 3 and had a private balcony and a huge bathroom which was a great place for the suitcase. B&b Located within easy walking of the shopping area and a short drive or bike ride (rentable around the corner) to Acadia National park. So location is great and it's a nice quiet street. The owners are very nice and ready with good suggestions for the park and for restaurants. The coffee is the best I had in Maine. The breakfasts are great and many choices are offered from healthy to pancake-decadent. They bake their own bread and bagels. These folks know their way around food.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed in this B&B with my two kids in July. The owners are wonderful and so helpful. We arrived late in the day and were shown to a very nice room over the garage. It was a bit small but beautifully decorated. Ralph gave us great directions to a good restaurant for dinner and explained the layout of main area of Bar Harbour. I liked the location - we were able to leave the car and walk everywhere. After a great dinner we watched the sunset and had a good sleep in comfortable beds.

The following morning, Anna and Ralph served us a fantastic breakfast (my kids still rave about the pancakes). I was only sorry that we did not stay another night.

I highly recommend this B&B

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank R L
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Anna greeted us when we arrived and gave us a brief but thorough overview of all the amenities and introduced us to Ralph, her husband. They even offered to help us unload our car and carry our luggage up to our room.
I was traveling with my 16 year old daughter for her birthday and we stayed in one of the rooms across the driveway, above the garage. It was perfect for us, lots of room and she had her own twin bed in a little nook in the corner. We also really appreciated the free wi-fi!
The inn is in a great location, off the main drag on a quiet side street. But still close enough to everything that we could walk everywhere we needed to go. With the island shuttle bus service you can get in a great vacation and see it all and never have to move your car.
We only had one night in Bar Harbor on this trip so we were trying to pack a lot into a very short time. Anna's recommendations and information were very helpful. Our breakfast on the porch Saturday morning was delicious and just enough fuel for us to do our hiking that day. If I had remembered, I would've ordered one of their box lunches for our car ride back to Portland as they looked delicious and if they were anything like the breakfast and snacks provided I'm sure they are great.
My only problems were of my own doing. I bought a bottle of wine to enjoy on the balcony outside our room but didn't pack an opener, but one of the other guests was gracious enough to loan me theirs. Also I prefer open windows over air conditioning so I slept with the windows open and other guests got up early to go see the sunrise on Cadillac Mt. and the sound of the crunching of the gravel drive under their tires woke me up. We had planned to also get up and do this but getting a tired teen out of bed at 4a.m. was beyond my powers of persuasion!
The rooms were very clean. The beds super comfortable. We had plenty of space to spread out and relax. I would definitely recommend this inn to anyone staying in Bar Harbor. Nothing pretentious, just good comfortable, clean, and friendly accommodations.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Beth O
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I have changed our trips so that we can return to Acacia House. I was born and raised in the very touristy town of Newport, R.I., so Bar Harbor doesn't have the same fascination for me that it does for those who don't live by the sea. The hiking, however, is first rate. Anna will steer you in the right direction for trails that the "locals" know.
Acacia House has become a destination, rather than just a place to stay in Bar Harbor. I am surprised by the 'average' rated reviews . We have stayed in many B&B's and hotels, and If you are trying to make up your mind, I can assure you that Ralph and Anna have the very best place to stay! The breakfasts are superb, the atmosphere is great, the inn is situated away from the main drag (where the noise is) yet close enough to walk about town. The coffee is delicious, tea is always available, and I don't know how they keep those cookies away from the neighbors! These two hosts are terrific bakers and chefs. On our latest trip, we stopped at another B&B on our way home from Bar Harbor, highly rated on Trip Advisor, and were so disappointed. Ralph and Anna have raised the bar to a very high level, you won't be sorry if you stay here.

Room Tip: Room # 5 is a lovely king bed room on the top floor. There is no one above you, if creaky floors b...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple