“It makes me want to go home and cook”

Fiore Artisan Olive Oils and Vinegars
Ranked #3 of 29 Shopping in Bar Harbor
Liverpool, Pennsylvania
262 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 188 helpful votes
“It makes me want to go home and cook”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff don't bug you as you taste the large selection of olive oils and vinegar. Took four bottles home with us. Thinking about what I can make. They make it easy to taste worth the trip if you like to cook. Even have us recipes to try with the oils

Visited August 2013

Augusta, Maine
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Awesome place, awesome products”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a must-see destination in Bar Harbor. These products are delicious and so high quality! I am so glad I purchased the olive oils and vinegars that I did, and I know I'll be ordering more from their website. Leslie Ehrlenbach was especially knowledgeable and helpful in describing the various products.

Visited August 2013
West Kingston
“Mr”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This place is for the lover of fine foods. The staff was very friendly as well as knowledgeable. Half of the store is dedicated to oils. Most of them are olive oils but not all. My favorite is the Butternut Squash Seed oil. Has a nutty taste and is wonderful over pasta. The other half of the store is dedicated to Balsamic Vinegars. Some are of the traditional sort, some are infused with fruit flavors. My favorite is the 18 year traditional. It has an amazing flavor. All oils and vinegars are available for sampling. After spending 45 minutes buying and sampling, I was give a special taste of a 35 year old traditional balsamic vinegar. Well worth the stop or via mail order.

Visited July 2013
Stoneham, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Oil and Vinegar Oasis for Cooks”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

In the middle of Bar Harbor central is a wonderful find for food lovers. The Fiore shop has an outstanding array of oils and vinegars (olive and balsamic predominantly, but not exclusively). With the ability to sample and speak with educated attendants, the opportunity to go home with some unique oils is hard to pass up. They offer both flavored varieties and classic fresh pressed oils or aged vinegars. We ended up going home with 3 bottles, and we used one of the oils with a beet salad that evening - the blood orange oil was so flavorful that we didn't even need an acid in the dressing.

We also found the prices to be quite reasonable, as high quality oils do cost a fair amount. We were also pleased to learn that they offering shipping.

Even our kids enjoyed the experience of tasting the various oils and vinegars.

Visited July 2013
Woodstown, New Jersey
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Fun for the foodie”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The inn where we were staying encouraged us to go here and we were glad we did. Not only was it fun to taste the various oils and vinegars, but also educations. We thought it would be about a 10 minute visit, but we ended up there almost 45. Staff was very knowledgeable. We would have bought more if we didn't have to pack for flying home (but they did offer to ship). Good activity for a rainy day.

Note: The tasting room is tucked in on a side street a couple blocks from the main street. But its worth fiding.

Visited June 2013