“Best Meal While In Bar Harbor”
Review of Eden - CLOSED

Eden
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2013

While my husband and I are not vegan, we are very close to becoming vegetarians. We tried this restaurant while vacationing in Bar Harbor and we both agreed it was the best meal we had in the entirety of Maine - and it was vegan!

We ordered a mushroom tartlet, a salad, a pesto dish, and an Asian noodle dish. All were excelent, as was the olive tapenade they serve when you sit down.

Will absolutely go back again if we ever find ourselves in Bar Harbor.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Traveling with a vegan in a lobster-themed town, it wasn't always easy to find places to dine. Eden was charming but expensive. We compromised by ordering a salad and appetizer each. The food was outstanding and the service was very friendly. I saw no entrees that interested me, but the mushroom appetizer was fantastic!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Eh. My husband and I are vegetarians so we figured we'd give this place a shot. The food is good but absolutely not worth the ridiculous prices. The portions are sizable but the ingredients are relatively cheap and simple. Like, I paid $20 for an entree of a couple slices of seitan and some tabbouleh. The appetizers were more inspired and interesting than the entrees. The featured drinks were terrible; I literally sent one back. The desserts were all "fake" meaning they were vegan pretending to be "real" like fake ice cream, fake cheesecake, etc. I take such issue with that. My pecan pie was so sweet, I couldn't even eat it and I think it may have been done with stevia (eww). The coffee was good (individual French press) but obviously only had soy milk to put in it. $102 was a huge shock and completely not worth it. I would never come here again, though it gets 3 stars for the decent food and good service.

Oh, by the way, my view out the window was of a gas station. Lovely.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Fun and different eating experience and really good too. If I went again, I might go for a bunch of appetizers. The entree was good but the appetizers were really creative and tasty. Absolutely did not miss the meat for this meal. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I are vegan and Eden is the only vegan restaurant in Bar Harbor. We were almost scared off by the prices (as we have had not-so-great food at high prices before) ---- so glad we went.

We got there right when they opened at 5, were greeted by friendly waitstaff and chose a nice seat outside. The food was high quality and the presentation of the food was great as well. Eden isn't a vegan restaurant where all you find is pre-packaged faux meat and fake cheese. They take care to create their menu and you can tell. My husband said the olives were the best he had ever had and we especially enjoyed the pine nut pesto pasta. The pecan pie with maple ice cream was delicious too!

The price is for quality. If you want good quality food I recommend Eden!