“Great Vegetarian in Lobsterland!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian, Vegan
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Northern VA
“Great Vegetarian in Lobsterland!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Great change from main stream eateries in the area. Reasonable prices.

We had the following:
Drinks: The selection of German beers is good with many choices and flavors. There are some unique sodas to choose from also.

Appetizers:
Vegetable cakes - crispy flavorful cakes with good mustard sauce

Main Courses:
Sri Lankan Daal - mild flavored dish with a side of sauce. Recommend eating with some crackers
Singapore noodles - good noodles in flavorful sauce. Very filling

After dinner:
Dragon Lilly flowering tea - unique experience watching a lilly flower blossom in a glass tea pot on your table.

$80.00 with tip

Lakewood, Ohio
“Great food, a nice change of pace from touristy Bar Harbor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I dined here on our 3rd night in Bar Harbor and found it to be a great change of pace and style from the towns tourist aimed dining options. I had the Singapore Noodles and my wife had the tempeh, we both left full and satisfied. Would recommend to any vegitarian, vegan, or conscientious eater.

Israel
“why so s...alty??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Following my wife's wishes, we decided to go for dinner in Eden. While none of us is vegan, we both appreciated the interesting dishes the staff at Eden put together.
The food was served nicely, the portions are nice, the staff is polite and service was great.

Having said that, both of our dishes were wayyy too salty- so salty, that we left some of it.
The salty taste left hours later. Price is average, like most restaurants in Bar Harbor.

• 5 of 5 stars
New York City, New York
“Gourmet Vegetarian/Vegan Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This restaurant was great! We tried a tofu entree, and a pasta dish. The tofu dish was very good, much better than the pasta. The deserts are good.

This place is a little on the pricey side, but worth the trip

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Boston
“Pricy and inconsistent”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My traveling partner is a vegetarian, and we picked Eden because it was one of the best options for vegetarian/food in Bar Harbor. [I'm normally someone who enjoys a good vegetarian meal despite being an inveterate carnivore]. Unfortunately, I was quite disappointed with my meal, as everything in my dish (seitan cutlets) had too much of a sour overtone for me. My traveling partner did enjoy her meal, though, so perhaps I just ordered the wrong thing.

Regardless, even if I had enjoyed my entree, I don't think that it was worth the $20+ price tag. For that price, you may as well eat as Mache, Havana, or some of the other excellent restaurants in town.

• Visited August 2012