“Amazing food!”

Eden
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I ate here on September 11th, 2012. I am a vegan but my husband is not. He graciously honored my choice for dinner! He was so pleased with his pasta he said, "I might consider going vegan"! I had the best salad - so fresh - and the dressing so tangy and the mushroom tartlet. The best! Great taste and texture! All of the menu choices sounded so good it was hard to decide. We shared the blueberry pie and ice cream - amazing! There aren't enough words to describe this restaurant! Service was terrific, as well. The atmosphere was so enjoyable. We visited with fellow diners and shared our thoughts on the food. It is my fervent hope that one day soon all towns and cities will have one (or several) of these places to eat. Thank you to the owners and staff for such a divine evening!!

1  Thank Susieforthebecki

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The mushroom tart is a must appetizer! The bbq tempeh is incredible, as is the bento box. We wish we had enough room for dessert, but we didn't!

2  Thank BrookfieldCarol
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Food was outstanding -- while we like our veggies, we are NOT vegetarians. The food was out of this world! Service was great. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Hive_Tool
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This place had just what we were looking for to keep on our vegan diet. While I liked the novelty of the lobster theme in Bar Harbor it was nice to eat a well-made meal in a all vegan restaurant on our trip!

1  Thank MainelyMandy
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Refreshing in a world where there aren't a lot vegan options. This is Maine's only VEGAN restaurant, or so we were told. They do a beautiful presentation with each dish. You will not go hungry here! Portions are large. The mushroom/leek tartlet appetizer is over the top. Made with phyllo dough which is usually prepped with butter between each layer, this has EVO to make it truly vegan. The custard, which forms the center of the tartlet, is made with a puree of tofu, mushroom, leek, nutritional yeast, and then chunks of leeks & mushrooms. My husband, a carnivore, had the corn chowder, also over the top and the pasta with pesto. His comment to the waitress: this is EXCELLENT. He had no idea that his chowder wasn't made with milk and cream. It was made with coconut milk and cornstarch (as the thickener), local corn niblets (from fresh corn), potatoes, onions. I had the bento box which had grilled honey soy marinated tofu steaks, baby bok choy, edaname  in  their pods, veggie sushi- way too much food for me. They really don't need to improve anything but there are a lot of items on the menu made with soy/tofu products, and too few purely plant based. That said, the place is incredible so... go, enjoy!

1  Thank lbruna