“INTIMATE DINING HEAVEN”
Review of Fathom - CLOSED

Fathom
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fathom is a casually refined restaurant located on the corner of Cottage, Bridge & Summer Streets in Bar Harbor, Maine. We use only the highest quality produce, fish and meats - many sourced locally or from specialty purveyors. Our bar is stocked with fine wine, spirits, Maine made beer, and hand crafted cocktails. Chef Brandon Sanders' authentic cuisine is infused with tradition yet energized by craft and creativity. Please join us for a memorable dining experience away from the hustle and bustle of downtown.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Lovely tiny restaurant with only about 13 tables, but they have a long bar where you can also eat. On Cottage Street, the street behind West Street almost at the end. We were seated promptly and the server was friendly and knowledgable about their small but elegantly prepared menu.

We started off with their speciality "Lobster and snappah fried vegetable rolls." Yum. So inventive. Very tasty. Then my husband had the wedge salad. He never met a wedge salad
he didn't like. I opted for the house special heirloom tomatoes with buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil. Divine. We both chose the same entree, Halibut Oscar cooked with asparagus, wrapped in bacon and accompanied by a Hollandaise Sauce. Sounds heavy but it was light and filling at the same time, After that we were stuffed so we had to pass on the desserts which looked amazing.

Put this restaurant on your list and make reservations in advance. We saw many people turned away. They do not rush you. The full bar usually has open seats though. You will not regret this choice even though it may ding your wallet a bit. Well worth it.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Fathom is set back from Cottage Street with a pleasant atmosphere and sophistication. The menu is Italian influenced with significant inclusion of local ingredients. We enjoyed some creative specialty cocktails before dinner and some nice appetizers. We both enjoyed lobster with gnocchi as entrees.

Fathoms is one of Bar Harbor's finest restaurants.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

. Since it was my birthday I picked Fathom’s for dinner, the lodge made reservations for us at 6 PM.
The server was welcoming and helpful’ I had a seafood stew; my wife decided on Halibut the food was excellent. I had read reviews about the blueberry pie, which is one of the few pies I will eat. The pie was the best I have ever eaten, thereafter; I ordered blueberry pie for desert after all lunches and diner.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were looking forward to dining here after reading recommendations on Tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed. Our server was welcoming and knowledgeable of the menu. My husband had a special of Cioppino, a seafood stew and I had the Halibut Oscar. Both dishes were delicious. We did not have any appetizers because we wanted room for desert. We shared a blueberry pie which was awesome. I recommend this restaurant very highly.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was one of those dining experiences where you almost forget your civility and want to just lick everything clean like a dog! During a two-week trip through New England, this was positively our best dining experience - and it wasn't terribly expensive! Everything was great, the cocktails, the food and the service.