“Special night out”
Review of Fathom - CLOSED

Fathom
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Fathom is a casually refined restaurant located on the corner of Cottage, Bridge & Summer Streets in Bar Harbor, Maine. We use only the highest quality produce, fish and meats - many sourced locally or from specialty purveyors. Our bar is stocked with fine wine, spirits, Maine made beer, and hand crafted cocktails. Chef Brandon Sanders' authentic cuisine is infused with tradition yet energized by craft and creativity. Please join us for a memorable dining experience away from the hustle and bustle of downtown.
Hicksville, New York
“Special night out”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I grew up in NYC and now live in the suburbs, and naturally have become accustomed to no shortage of fine restaurants. Rarely, however, have I found a restaurant while on vacation that measures up to what I am used to at home. Fathom is such a place - combining gourmet quality, creative dishes, with a pleasant dining environment, and complemented with excellent service. While prices are higher than many other restaurants in town, you get what you pay for, and the prices are certainly in line with the quality and attention to detail you would expect from a fine restaurant in any city. I am an avid home chef and usually complain that I can cook better than what I often get in resort area restaurants. The entree I had was so extraordinary and imaginative, that it will take me quite a while to conjure up something that good! The wine list was impressive and not unreasonable, and while I do not eat desserts, some of the dessert items almost made me want to make an exception. Kudos to Fathom and their staff - I will definitely return on my next visit.

• Visited August 2013

New York City, New York
“If you only have one night in BH, eat here!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on our last night in Bar Harbor and were very glad we did . We shared the scallops special and the salad with pears and beets. Both were outstanding. For dinner we shared the lamb chops and the halibut special. Both were phenomenal.
Excellent food and service. Must make a reservation. So worth it !

• Visited September 2013
“Duck, Halibut both winners”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife loves duck. I couldn't pass up a halibut special even though this isn't Alaska. Both were great. Our spinach salads included grilled peaches which weren't ripe (only disappointment) so we exchanged for beet salads with marinated pear.

• Visited September 2013
“Lovely dining experience in Bar Harbor”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

For city dwellers coming to BH seeking the culinary experience one would expect (but does not find often) in this quintessential New England resort town, Fathom is a welcome surprise. The menu offers a perfect variety, creative compliments and localvore appeal. Great service and charming little space, especially outdoor area. We have been two years in a row at Labor Day and loved it.

Lewiston, New York
“Fathom is a must when in Bar Harbor”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

If you are looking for a great fine dining experience in a casual setting while in Bar Harbor, then Fathom is the place to go. My starter was the curry squash soup while my bride enjoyed the prosciutto wrapped scallops, both of which were amazing. This was followed by Lobster with gnocci and tenderloin topped with kale, then creme brulee for desert. Our waiter was professional and engaging. We will eat here again!