“Good but not Great”
Review of Fathom - CLOSED

Fathom
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fathom is a casually refined restaurant located on the corner of Cottage, Bridge & Summer Streets in Bar Harbor, Maine. We use only the highest quality produce, fish and meats - many sourced locally or from specialty purveyors. Our bar is stocked with fine wine, spirits, Maine made beer, and hand crafted cocktails. Chef Brandon Sanders' authentic cuisine is infused with tradition yet energized by craft and creativity. Please join us for a memorable dining experience away from the hustle and bustle of downtown.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The lobster that I had was not really fresh, unfortunately. The rest of the meal was excellent, nice ambiance, and service was quite good.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We missed Maggie's lobster crepes, but we had a very tasty scallop dish and a very pleasant time. The service was good and the atmosphere at least as good as we remembered at Maggie's the restaurant that used to be in the same location.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I debated giving Fathom's a 5, and it might deserve it. My wife had the chateaubriand, while I had a venison chop. Both were topnotch with broiled blueberries on the chop and both plates with crispy vegetables. The bread and banana butter wre excellent as was the service. Too full for dessert.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The gnocci with lobster was delicious, but unfortunately a noisy group of people in the table near us spoiled our experience. It was my husband's birthday and we couldn't even talk over their yelling.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

First time to Bar Harbor and craving a quiet evening of fabulous food, friendly service, relaxed environment, and a nice bottle of wine... without an over-the-top 10 page menu or overpriced entrees. Fathom delivered. My husband and I are debating, and agreeing, this may be one of the best meals of the year.

1  Thank IslandHost