“We live in Bar Harbor”

Black Friar Pub
Ranked #26 of 143 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Bar Harbor
“We live in Bar Harbor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I, along with friends who live in Baltimore, dined here last night. In the last twenty five years we have eaten in every restaurant on the Island. This was the best meal we have had. I am ashamed we waited so long to try it. True, no view like other restaurants, service a bit slow (bartender tends bar and is the waitress), meal might take a little longer (no frozen stuff here) but its all well worth it- delicious. Our friends (one a retired doctor) actually said it was the best meal he has had on MDI as well. So small; quaint; true Irish or English atmosphere; informal; and great food. A hidden gem.

3 Thank roger i

Waynesville, Missouri, United States
“Best Hamburger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I both tried the drunken burger and it was awesome! I would highly recommend it. Off the beaten path, but worth the find!

MADISON
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fine dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Neat little pub with an excellent menu featuring local fare. Best for couples but saw a few kids here. Friendly prompt service, felt very cosy. It also serves a bed and breakfast but you have to reserve well ahead of time

Visited August 2013
1 Thank RALPH C
Navarre, FL
“Good food and very good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

The wife and I had lunch at the Black Friar. She had the drunken burger and I had the blueberry pulled pork sandwich. She rated her sandwich very good. My pulled pork was not what I thought pulled pork should taste like(I am from the south where pork and BBQ sauce are mingled together on a sandwich). The pulled pork was different, with a spicy blueberry flavor. Even though it had a different taste from the usual souther pork sandwich, I rated it very good and I would try it again. The service was very good, fast and cheerful and very helpful. Add the quiet out of the way location for the restaurant, both of us would definitely try it again.

1 Thank DanOHarr
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Unique and worth the trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Although we were a bit confused when we first parked on the street and looked into the broken windows to a barren room, we realized the entrance to the pub was down the side alleyway. The inside is eclectic, the owner & bar tender/waitress were welcoming, and most of all, the chef and his original, from-scratch dishes were terrific! Definitely worth going!

Visited August 2013