“Bring a roll of paper towels to soak up the grease”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Parkadia's Pizzeria & Provisions
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Advertised as "Best Pizza on the Island" and for goodness sake, I hope not.
We ordered take out pizza to eat at the picnic area just down the road. The girl working spent more time flirting and watching the construction contractors than she did paying attention to the paying customers. Upon placing an order we were treated as it was an inconvenience, as there was some foods already prepared, but we wanted a fresh hot pizza, not something that had sat under warming lights for who knows how long. We arrived at the picnic area with our pizza pie and realized they never even sliced our pizza, we had a whole pie, uncut and knife to cut it. We improvised, tired tearing pieces to at least eat it before it got cold and they grease just POURED off the thick bread. There was very little sauce, tons of grease and it was very doughy, more than 2/3 of the pizza was simply just pizza crust. The sauce was nothing special, typical out of the can stuff.. we were really disappointed in the pie altogether. I paid alot of money, but being Bar Harbor I expected to, but was expecting something at least edible. Because we had time sensitive plans, I didn't go back and request my money back, otherwise we would have. If this is the best pizza on the Island I feel bad for the pizza lovers who live here!

1  Thank gyspytraveller71