“So happy we ended up staying here when our original lodging fell through!”
Review of Fieldside Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Fieldside Suites
Bar Harbor
“So happy we ended up staying here when our original lodging fell through!”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

FieldSide Suites is simple, extremely clean, cozy and I would come back again in a heartbeat. Andrea was great on the phone, helped give us all the information we needed and everything was waiting for us just as she promised. Matt came over and introduced himself, and we just loved hearing the history of the place and how long it's been in the family. They have taken great care to update the suites while also helping you disconnect from the outside world. It was one of the best nights sleep I've had on my trip. Plus, they are pet friednly, and our dog Zeus just loved it here! There is a huge field for him to run in and they let us know all the places he could go in Bar Harbor. We would definitely stay here again, and I would highly recommend it! The only thing I didn't like was check out is at 10-I wasn't ready to leave! :)

Room Tip: No A/C, but they provide a fan and with the windows open it really is comfortable. We had an extra f...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JenericB

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We just got back from a belated honeymoon to Bar Harbor, Me. We stayed at the Fieldside Suites and loved every minute of it. The location to Acadia National Park was better then we could have imagined. Especially since we wanted to spend the majority of our time in the park.
Matt and Andrea were very welcoming and helpful to our every need. We talked to Andrea on the phone prior to our arrival and she answered many of our questions about Bar Harbor, the surrounding area, restaurants and anything we needed about Acadia. They tried to make our stay as comfortable as possible and it was!
The room had anything we needed during our stay. The king sized bed was so comfortable we slept great the entire week (even snuck in a couple afternoon naps). There is not one complaint about the room or our stay.
We would tell anyone going to Bar Harbor to stay here!
Thank you Matt and Andrea for making a beyond expectations trip to Bar Harbor!

Room Tip: We stayed in suite #2 and loved it
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank janeen2278
Exeter, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 18, 2011

My boyfriend and I went up to Bar Harbor last August and spent two nights at Fieldside Suites. We loved it there and wished we could have stayed another night. So picturesque, outside of town, so not heavy traffic or chaotic; the opposite, it was super peaceful, there is a swimming pool to hang out at, the room was so nice and comfortable, and you cannot beat the price! So this year we are returning for 3 nights. Both of us are so excited to return to Bar Harbor and know that we will be well taken care of at Fieldside Suites.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank susdel71
Bar harbor
Reviewed June 5, 2011

The room was charming and the price really right. Best of all it was absolutely spotless, smelled and looked brand new. Just wonderful and several cuts above generic hotel rooms. There are 4 rooms and my room #3 would make any decorator smile at the thought and taste that went into the selection of the furnishings. The owner/managers live next door and are just as nice and cooperative as they can be. The room comes with a refrigerator/cooktop/sink combo. There's crystal clear swimming pool (cleanest I've ever seen) and while heated could stand a little more thermostat but refreshing. The motel abuts a 25acre mown field with a spectacular view of Cadillac Mountain. Dogs are welcome and if dogs could speak they'd tell you the field is doggie heaven and to come back again and again.
For a bike rider the motel is directly across from the Sand Point road and that quiet, rural road is the traffic free gateway to road riding that's largely free of traffic and avoids Route 3 the alleged bike route into Bar Harbor that's really narrow and dangerous to say the very least. Again, the owners are so nice and cooperative I can't imagine anyone having a bad experience. This place has it all for those looking to save money on vacation and and be in down home, luxurious surroundings.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ndbbicyclerider_38
Lugano
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I stayed at the FieldSide for 3 nights. I was great. The owners came by to make sure I was comfortable. The room was really nice with a great bed and linens. They had very good internet service and the pool was a welcome end to long cycling days. I have traveled all over the world and would say this is one of the better places I have stayed. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank No720s
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 22, 2010

They booked our reservation for one less day than we had requested. They did arrange for us to stay the extra day but we needed to switch suites. The rooms themselves are average and a decent value for the money. My only big complaint is that staff was not always available and not well organized when we did speak with them. It is in a great location for the park. Not a bad option for bar harbor, but I have been to better.

Be aware of their dog policy. We met another couple there that was upset because they could not leave the dog in their room. Not an issue, as long as you know in advance.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank World_Hiker1969
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 22, 2010

I would echo the sentiments of the previous review:

1. No one was at desk. They are not adequately staffed / organized, and that is a big issue when you are supposedly running a hotel.
2. They screwed up our reservation. We had booked for 5 days and then called back well in advanced to change to only 3 days, but they insisted that we had not called and insisted on charging 5 days, which I subsequently needed to resolve with Amex.
3. They also tried to charge for incidentals that we had not used.
4. It is loud because of traffic and thin walls.
5. It is not near the beach -- I feel we were misled on this when we made the reservation.
6. On the positive side it is near the park, which is lovely, but there are many better options in bar harbor.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple