“first time in Bar Harbor” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hadley's Point Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Hadley's Point Campground
Winthrop
“first time in Bar Harbor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

we arrived at the campground check in quick and friendly just like prior phone conversations. had selected a site that met our requirements. we have a 28 foot trailer that we parked in our site very easy. The restrooms were clean and stocked. campground was clean and had free bus service to downtown. the park was closed because of Federal shut down.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank toys4dad

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We decided to stay in one of the new cabins here on our first trip to Maine. We chose a cabin because we were mostly concerned with the temperature in early October, but it was unseasonably warm and we didn't need it much. I'm glad we didn't need it because I must say it was very loud. The night we did use it we turned it way up 30 minutes before we went to sleep, and then off for the night as I would say it was loud enough to wake us up if it was turning on and off with the thermostat. Having our own bathroom was great, though it was .50 a minute for the hot water they were very clear about it in advance. We also found the wifi to be very spotty from inside the cabin, but worked great from the table outside.

Everything was very clean, and the staff were very helpful when we checked in and out. On the second day of our stay the governement shutdown closed the park, and they were very helpful and able to offer some alternative suggestions of things to do.

One evening we walked to the nearby beach and watched the sunset, absolutely lovely view. We then watched the stars come out from the porch outside the cabin. Love being able to see so many stars!

We'd certainly stay again, highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hdempsey
Glen Allen, VA.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed in a cabin. This is the first season they have had cabins, so they are brand new, very well constructed, clean, spacious, and include a bathroom for less than the price of a KOA cabin without a bathroom! Oh, and they have AC and Heat too! Very good value and the beds are comfortable--mattress and box springs instead of those cheapy two inch mattresses on a board you get at the KOA. The owner was beyond helpful and friendly, very promptly attending to any need or question I had. The only drawback I can see to this campground was that the wi-fi was not good. I could only get it outside on the porch, and then it was incredibly slow and spotty. For some this might not be an issue; I write a travel blog when I travel so it was very important to me and I really missed not having good wi-fi. It is the only reason I did not give this property a five star.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We are not ones to go "glamping" by any means but this campground and store has not changed at all since the first time we visited 15 years ago. Staff was nice, grounds were clean, but bathrooms and shower rooms were covered in webs and dust- especially in vents and windows. It is a campground so not looking for hotel level cleanliness but the swimming pool needed to be cleaner. There was hair floating everywhere. A skimming and free could have resolved that. We preferred swimming afterwards in Echo Lake as well as Sand beach instead.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank VAfamilyO
Hingham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband, myself and our 2 and 4 year olds stayed for four nights at one of the tent sites in the B area. The site was very small and it was difficult to find a level area for our tent. Although we didn't have water or electric at our site, the water was in close proximity. The facilities such as showers and bathrooms seemed to be moderately clean at the beginning of the week, but as the week went on, the campground became busier and the facilities were pretty gross. Only once i saw someone cleaning the showers, yet the staff drove around constantly in their mini trucks rather aimlessly. Overall, it's a decent family campground. Maybe next time we will try another campground or upgrade to the cabins which seemed really nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Laurie B
Sharon, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed in one of Hadley's point cabins for 1 night and then in a tent area for 1 night. Oh how I wish that the cabin had been available for both nights. It was so clean and having a shower right there was fantastic. The tent camping was ok, but someone near us decided to play best of the 90's lite rock around 11pm so that was quite annoying. However, the restroom and showers area were both clean. And the women at the desk were very helpful and friendly. I would definitely come back to Hadley's Point, but only if a cabin is available for the entire stay.

Room Tip: get a cabin!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
South Weymouth, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed here with my three sons (5yrs old-23months-and 5 months) and they all had a blast. We got there on a Tuesday night and it was suppose to rain so the owner came with tarps for us because of course those I forgot! Then he helped set up our tent, which was so nice since my husband wasn't able to join us on our great outdoors adventure. I feel they did a great job running the camp ground. They went above and beyond. The only thing negative I would have to say is we had yellow jackets near our water and electricity which was hard and scary with little ones. However I was the only one to get stung-thankgod! I did ask if they had spray I could purchase and the answer I got was no you can go buy some at Wal-Mart. So I did but they still came around but I guess that's part of the whole outdoor experience. Overall a great time!

Room Tip: The swimming pool did have a good amount of bugs and leaves but it was also extremely cold, I don...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Acadia Inn
Acadia Inn
#16 of 41 in Bar Harbor
Narrows Too Camping Resort

Been to Hadley's Point Campground? Share your experiences!