“Loved the food!”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

We went to this quaint restaurant during our stay in Bar Harbor. Delicious food and awesome service! It is a family run restaurant with something for everyone on the menu. They also catered to a family member with gluten and dairy allergy. We had Lexi as a server, she was wonderful! Our favorites- Lobster Mac n Cheese and Mac n Cheese with pulled pork. The wings were good too!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,516)

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Service was slow and food was okay. However, this seems to be the norm in Bar Harbor. I had to flag down someone to get me a drink at the bar. I was sitting at the bar quite a while as wait staff stared at me but no one made an effort to serve me. Odd. I did order a steak, which I am sure is unusual in this town but too much seafood is just sometimes too much seafood. So maybe my dinner wasn’t all that good because it wasn’t seafood. I was here for many more nights and chose not to go back. I think that says something about the service and quality of food.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

Our family ate at several places in Bar Harbor during the week we were there, and spent upwards of $120 - $150 dollars each time we ate. All the food was great, but Side Street Cafe was the only place we ate TWICE (our last 2 days) and enjoyed all the food. Not only was it delicious, the restaurant was casual and fun. It felt more like home for us and we didn't break the bank. Definitely recommend and will return every time we go back to Bar Harbor!

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Crowded consistently. Meal was average. Service was average. Overpriced for the portions. Quinoa burger was good.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

Great year round local place with a charming front deck dining area. Food was excellent and the staff was superb! Saw a bunch of happy diners each time. Sure thing!