“Friendly, great happy hour!”
Review of Side Street cafe

Side Street cafe
Ranked #11 of 150 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 1, 2014

We stopped by for drinks and apps after leaving Acadia. The bar tender was great, efficient, friendly and fun. The apps were tasty but you can't beat the happy hour prices. Four beers and two apps plus a generous tip for $28.

1  Thank Sheila M
There are newer reviews for Side Street cafe

Reviewed August 31, 2014

This place certainly has redeemed itself from last year. Start to finish one of the best meals I have had in Bar Harbor, and I have come here going on 6 years in a row. From drinks as creative as ever to a delicious grilled avocado appetizer to finally lazy lobster and clam chowder and excellent friendly service to boot, no wonder this place has a line outside on any given night! Worth every penny and finished off a great weekend in Bar Harbor with an excellent meal!

2  Thank lip89
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Best lobster stew ever!! Worth every penny. Ate there 2 nights in a row with hubby and two twenty-something daughters------we all loved our food, and the blueberry margaritas were refreshing and yummy.

2  Thank Bagpipechick
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

When my mom and I arrived in Bar Harbor I already had the Side Street Cafe as a must visit. Having Celiac Disease, it's not always easy for us to find a place to eat that's good and safe. But when our Inn also recommended the Cafe I knew I'd found something great. My mom and I split the a lobster stew to start, served with gluten free toast (my mom didn't beeline it was GF it was that good!) I could have eaten a vat of that stew. It was the right amount of everything. For my main course I had Jeff's Mac and Cheese sans black beans and a blueberry gimlet. I was blown away at how amazing both my meal and drink were. The Mac and cheese was perfectly cheesy and they gimlet was the right amount of sweet and sour, burnt was the Maine blueberries made it perfect. I might just have to come back to Bar Harbor just to eat here again! Our server Joe was very nice and knowledgable and made sure we always had a full glass of water.

Reviewed August 30, 2014

We decided to go here based off other people's reviews and weren't disappointed. The place was packed but we got a spot at the bar - the bar staff were very responsive and talkative. The food was great if only a little overpriced - we had the lobster roll and "lazy man's lobster" and both were so good we're going back tonight.

One recommendation - call 30 minutes ahead and put your name on the list. It can get busy!

2  Thank whereisnext