“Great menu options”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 22, 2013

What a great find on a side street! While many places were closed for the season, we were lucky enough that this restaurant was open. My goal was to eat lobster at least once a day while in Maine, and I was delighted to branch out from a lobster roll. The Lobster Mac and Cheese was tempting but I ultimately succumbed when I found I could order a half serving of macaroni and a full serving of lobster. Oh my, it was delicious and loaded with lobster. My husband had the New England clam chowder with a sandwich and said it was among the best chowder he ever tasted. Our server was attentive and there were good choices of beer on tap.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Went to this restaurant two times while in Bar Harbor.. The first time had the lobster Mac and cheese. We ordered a half portion of Mac and a full lobster. Wow! It was delicious! So much lobster! I also ordered a pumpkin pie martini which was so tasty, rimmed in Graham crackers and sprinkled with cinnamon. Second time I had a steamed lobster, soft shell. We had to wait about 30 minutes for a table, so call ahead. The bar is lively and with a martini in hand, what more could you want?

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was a great Tripadvisor find. It is located about a block off the main road through town. We had lunch on the deck and watch all the passerbys. Our meal consisted of the largest and best tasteing lobster roll and beer. Dont leave Bar Harbor with out treating yourself.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The Side Street is a good as rumored. While not on the mail Drag or on the Bay ( thus Side Street name) , the food was spectacular. We shared a Lobster Role and it was great, a bit pricey, but compared to others I had - worth the extra $$

1  Thank TheDudah
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Dined here in late October. This charming little restaurant on a small side street had friendly staff and wonderful food. We were seated near the back- not near the bar area, which suited us fine. Décor rather minimal; lots of wood (tables, some walls,) other walls were painted warm colors of eggplant, sage, and cinnamon. Original oil paintings displayed on most walls. Nice, mellow, low-key music. Service attentive, without hovering.

Our group had (Ham & Pea soup a Special,) which was delicious, New England clam chowder- really good, Pub fries- a little soggy, sweet potato fries- good, with a strong cumin flavor, Southwest burger- very good, Beef Angus burger- very good, but they make it with hot sauce, so beware. Also enjoyed the Beet and Goat Cheese salad w/strawberry vinaigrette, really good flavor, but needed to ask for more dressing. All in all, a great dining experience!