“Good food and drinks”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Side Street Café offers good food, good drinks and good service. My kids absolutely loved the macaroni and cheese and made us go back a second time for that alone. The only negative is that it is a small place, gets crowded easily and is difficult to get into for dinner for that reason. I tried the Lobster and it was excellent.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I loved everything about this place. A casual, exciting vibe. Good service. But the thing that will bring me back is the lobster roll. This was our first trip to Maine and I felt compelled to try a lobster roll although I don't like lobster. I've always found lobster too sweet and usually accompanied by or slathered in butter. To my surprise this is by far the best sandwich I've ever had. The lobster meat was fresh and came in large chunks that were perfectly seasoned and with just a tiny bit of mayo to lightly hold it together. The bun was perfectly toasted and the fries were large, freshly cut potato wedges. I would recommend this place and its lobster roll without an ounce of hesitation!

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We sat at the railing on the porch on a lovely September night and enjoyed people watching. The lobster roll here is excellent - loaded with fresh lobster (no frozen meat here!)- and the lightest touch of mayo. They also add a pinch of Old Bay Seasoning which, although not traditional, was a very nice addition. They are a lot of money at $20 but there is a ton of lobster in each roll. Delish!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Ate an early dinner here with family. Nice selection of beer (and some great early bird deals too), appetizers, kids selections, sandwiches and entrées. We had a mussel appetizer that was out of this world. The lobster roll was the best of the trip too. The service was very good too.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Had a good lunch. A diverse menu and great beer selection. Not gourmet dining but rather a solid choice in a touristy town.