“Best meal we had in Bar Harbor.”
Review of Side Street cafe

Side Street cafe
Ranked #11 of 152 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I were in bar harbor for a week for an anesthesia conference. We went to Side Street Cafe for dinner, and we both left satisfied. We both had different versions of the macaroni and cheese, mine with lobster and her's with grilled chicken. This was hands-down the best macaroni and cheese I have ever had, and the added lobster made it that much better. Our waiter was very friendly, and the decor had a fun, quirky family feel. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, you won't be disappointed.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,037)

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We arrived at 6:30 and had a 30 min wait but the food is excellent and well worth the wait. You can order drinks while you wait. Their lobster dishes and desserts are excellent!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Favorite place to eat from my trip there. We had a short wait, which was fine because they have pretty good drinks too. They have good frozen margaritas - had an interesting apple cider one. The menu is long with many great options and reasonably priced. We wanted to go back and eat there again because there were so many things we wanted to try, but we only had a couple days in the area. Service was very good too. Highly recommend.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This cafe was the best meal we had in Bar Harbor and there are many choices. I ordered the tomato basil soup and the grilled chicken salad. My husband loved the lobster quesadilla. Note to restaurant: being seated right next to the bathroom is not ideal.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This restaurant has a very cozy,eclectic feel to it. There are lots of pictures of the couple who own the restaurant along with pictures of their family. It is brightly painted in a an older building. We got there about noon on a Saturday and it was already filling up. I ordered the crab melt on cibatta bread with fries. The bread was fresh. My sandwich was very tasty. The fries were also big , thick, home cut fries. My husband had the crab cakes. These very also delicious. They were spicy with a red pepper sauce. He ordered the loaded fries which came with bacon, cheese tomatoes, olives, onions, and sour cream heaped on top.