“A lobster meal after a day at Acadia National Park”
Review of Bar Harbor Lobster Pound - CLOSED

Bar Harbor Lobster Pound
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Bar Harbor Lobster Pound. It is located on busy RT. 3 , 4 miles from downtown Bar Harbor. We serve fresh live lobster and crabs, clams, ect. Inside and outside dining on rustic picnic tables. Wine and beer served on premises. The restaurant sets on 8.7 acres of beautiful wooded property and is across from a large campground. Family owned for 20 years .
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

After an afternoon touring Acadia National park we had worked up an appetite and wanted lobster. We had 3 lobsters which were great. The fried clams were delicious, but they don't have cocktail sauce only tartar. The waitress was extremely friendly! Didn't care for the cole slaw,corn that came with dinner was very small and wish the mussels had butter or something to keep them moist. It was quaint, casual and enjoyable.

1  Thank LoriW30

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Right from the start the host was very welcoming and informative. He took us over to the lobster tank and showed the kids a couple different sized lobsters. The food was great and the portions were perfect. The pie for dessert was amazing! They have 3 different options for seating: outside, under an awning, and indoors. We sat outside and although it was a little chilly the view was great. Prices were on par with other restaurants we've been to in the area.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

My family had lobster, mussels, clam chowder, corn on the cob, cole slaw, and beer. Here's the round-up:

Lobster: Slightly overdone. The tails were just a little tough. Still tasty, though. The drawn butter was bland. I like my butter either salty or sweet, and somehow this butter was neither. If you get the two-lobster dinner, make sure you understand the pricing; it's not clear on the menu and our server didn't explain it to us when we ordered (something about a surcharge for the second lobster...I still don't understand), so we were surprised when the bill came. Our server quickly owned up to it and adjusted the bill. He was so pleasant about everything so we left him a nice tip.

Mussels: Just OK. They're steamed and that's all. I guess you could dip them in the lobster butter...

Clam chowder: Tasty but spicy! Overload of pepper, which is good if you like that sort of thing.

Corn on the cob: This was supposed to come with our meal but was left off at first. It was brought to us later and was undercooked -- mealy and tough. Running out of butter at this point. Bummer.

Cole slaw: I liked it a lot. Was cold and fresh, not sweet, and light on the mayo.

Beer: I forgot which ones we got, but both were good and cold.

The ambience is just OK. If you sit outside you have a view of Rt. 3. If you sit inside, some of the dining areas are a little dark.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We found BHLP only because it was only a few hundred feet from our hotel. We'd been driving all day and wanted something quick. We were treated to a wonderful surprise with the high quality of food. Don't let the casual atmosphere (picnic tables with indoor or outdoor seating) fool you, the food is beyond compare.
I've lived in New England all my life, and BHLP has the best clam chowder I've ever had. We liked it so much we went back again the second night for more. The first night I had the chowder and a lobster roll. with huge chunks of perfectly cooked lobster. They don't skimp on the meat, or drown it with mayo like other places do. The second night we had fish and chips, and more chowder. The fish was fresh and full of flavor.
The staff was very personable, and attentive. The only reason we didn't go back a third night was because we left the area. I highly recommend Bar Harbor Lobster Pound.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

First time at this classic looking lobster pound and expected great things. However, after sitting for quite sometime the waitress came up took our drink order. After waiting a long time for our drinks, she finally came to take an order from new customers across from us, I got her attention and our drinks. After another long wait, we finally got our lobster dinner...the lobster meat was VERY TUFF AND CHEWY! The place wasn't crowded as there were only 3 tables to serve and 2-3 customers at the outside takeout window. I've had lots of lobster but this was disappointing.