“Great Trip, Small Group”

Acadia Park Kayak Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The lowest prices, smallest groups, and most eco-friendly business practices on Mount Desert Island. Open group size is limited to either six or twelve people. Private groups can be any size. We offer sunrise, morning, day, sunset, night-time star gazing/bioluminescence, and private tours. We meet in Bar Harbor and give tours on both the east and west sides of Mount Desert Island. A portion of every tour's fee goes towards ocean conservation. All trips are led by a Registered Maine guide. No former kayaking experience is necessary and all required equipment is provided. We also provide upon request fleece jackets, rain jackets, wetsuit mittens, and fleece hats.. We are also the only outfitter that provides an option to crate your dog at our location while kayaking with us.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a group of 3 people plus Brescian. Since our group was so small we were able to cover more ground than the other groups that we saw. I have been kayaking several times and this was by far the best trip. I definitely recommend Acadia Park Kayak Tours for a great kayaking experience.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I signed up for the sunset tour. We had never been kayaking before. We wound up in a group of eight. It was a really fun experience all around. The people were really nice and so was the guide. If you go to Acadia, you have to do this kayak tour!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was a beautiful tour. We decided to take a private tour. Brescian, our guide, is an understated, extremely competent, no nonsense guide. There are no bells and whistles. We met at the corner lot on Harbor Lane as there is no storefront. After giving us some basic information we drove to the waterfront with the kayaks. Brescian had to take a few trips back to his homesite so if you are in a rush or on a tight schedule beware...But the pace added to the experience once we got on the water. After very detailed safety instructions we headed out towards the Porcupine Islands. Although it was a choppy, windy day we never felt unsafe and the islands were spectacular. We saw an adult bald eagle. We were able to enter the Keyhole Cave. We stopped on a quiet beach for lunch. Brescian gave us space but was also available if needed. He made it very clear when we needed to stay together on the water. And he had lots of information about the islands, the environment, lobstering, and just about every happening on Mount Desert Island. We also utilized his hiking and restaurant recommendations both from him directly and on his the Acadia Park Kayak Tour website. Every recommendation that Brescian gave was spot on as he is truly knowledgable about all aspects of Bar Harbor (i.e. he's a tour and local guide). I would definitely join Brescian again.

1  Thank ASW1021
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We wanted to go on a tour with them this year as well but they apparently didn't open until late in the season and we couldn't make our schedule work with their availability.

Last year we almost didn't go sea kayaking because when we spoke to the person at National Park Sea Kayak Tours he said such negative things about his competitors that he made it seem as if we would be unsafe taking a tour with anyone but his company and almost scared my wife away from kayaking altogether.

We felt safe with our guide at Acadia Kayak Tours the entire trip. He managed to put my wife's fears at ease after our negative experience with the other kayak company and we had a great tour. We saw one of the most beautiful sunsets we had ever seen sitting in our kayaks on the bay.

We are coming back to Bar Harbor again and will be sure to schedule another tour with Acadia Park Kayak Tours when we do.

If you are considering going on a tour with this company I can't recommend then highly enough.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We booked a private tour after taking one of the group tours around porcupine islands in Bar Harbor. The tour got off to a late start due to guide issues. However Bresian was very accommodating in finding us an alternative to the porcupine islands. We toured seal cove which was serene and beautiful. We were able to see seals, bald eagle and other birds. Bresian is very relaxed and quite knowledgable about the coast, wildlife and history of Maine. I found his quite nature very pleasant and this added to the peacefulness of the kayak trip. We kayaked longer than our scheduled time due to our late start. Bresian was eager to make the tour what we desired. I would use him as a guide again.

2  Thank Jill A
acadiaparkkayaktours, Owner at Acadia Park Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. You were a pleasant group to paddle and chat with.

The delay at the beginning of the tour was due to my having left my cell phone in town that morning when I was at breakfast. I didn't wish to not be at the site when the guest arrived so I waited for them at the meet up site and explained the situation when they got there. They very graciously said they wouldn't mind if I went into town to retrieve my phone before we left for the tour.

Thanks again for your patience in allowing me to go and grab my phone, you couldn't have been nicer about it and thanks again for choosing my company to paddle with.