My husband and I have stayed at the villager on several occasions. Our last visit was in August of 2012. The location to downtown Bar Harbor is very convenient. It is a short walk to the waterfront, shops, and restaurants. The motel is two stories, so we always get a second floor room that faces the pool. The motel has had some recent renovations such as new curtains, bedding, and bathroom fixtures. This is an older motel, but it is clean and offers the basics. Don't expect a fitness room, flat screen tv, or room service. If you want that, you'll pay double to triple the price of the Villager. One amenity that we really appreciate is the free breakfast which is served in an adjacent building. During our last 3 night stay, we enjoyed coffee, juice, muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs, cereal, and fruit (apples & bananas). There is a toaster for your use. This is more of a continental breakfast, but the food is good and it saves time and money when you want to start your day. Just remember that August is one of the busiest times to stay in Bar Harbor. Other hotel rooms are well over $250 a night,so make reservations early if you want to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family friendly, affordable lodging with modern amenities conveniently located in the heart of downtown Bar Harbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Bar Harbor Villager Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bar Harbor Villager Hotel Bar Harbor
- Villager Motel Bar Harbor
- Villager Hotel Bar Harbor
- Bar Harbor Villager Motel Maine