Acadia National Park Tours
Ranked #9 of 48 Tours in Bar Harbor
More attraction details
Owner description: Acadia National Park Tours specializes in fully narrated bus tours of Acadia National Park. Trips are offered daily at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM. Tours depart from Testa's Restaurant, 53 Main Street, in downtown Bar Harbor. Tour price is $27.50 per adult and $15.00 for children 12 and under. All tours are 2.5 hours in duration and feature stops throughout Acadia National Park include the summit of Cadillac Mountain and Thunder Hole.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 19, 2013

If you do it first thing, you have an idea of where you want to hike and have some background about the park before you head out into it. Guide Roger gave historical/cultural/environmental background. He is pretty chatty but lovely. Would go again!!!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

A five for this would be overkill. The driver was nice and knowledgeable but SO CORNY, like lame joke after lame joke. The really old people seemed to like that, I guess. My husband and I were just rolling our eyes the whole time. And most people on the bus were super old and slow so we were getting annoyed trying to get on and off the bus at the stops.

Eh, Heather (the bus driver) knew a lot, we learned a lot, but I wish she went into more depth about the ecosystem especially. We got a lot of history though and the stops were nice. I'd recommend it, I guess. A bit pricey.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

For the BEST Bus Tour of Acadia ask for Heather to be the bus driver. She is the most wonderful tour guide, and I've experienced many! Heather has superior knowledge of the area, cute little jokes, goes out of her way to be accomondating to all folks young and old. Views are beyond amazing, a must see! If it isn't on your "Bucket List" put it on and ride with Heather!
Pick up the tour at Testa's Restaurant on Main St in Bar Harbor.

1  Thank Cindy H
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We booked this because of the excellent reviews on tripadvisor.

Our cruise ship tendered us ashore by 9;15 am, and it was a short 2 block walk to the meeting spot to board the bus. We had ample time .

Bus has upholstered setas that have leg room like that of tour bus, which made the tour very comfortable. Our guide/driver Heather has a radio voice, and the sound quality of the bus was also very good. Heather kept us well entertained throughout. The scenery of course was beautiful.
This tour is exceptional value, especially when compared to what cruise ship charged ( $105)

5  Thank tak3
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Our tour started in Bar Harbor after getting tickets at the Acadia National Park Tours desk in Testa's Restaurant ! Our Bus Driver was Roger Keene. Roger was amazing, his knowledge of Bar Harbor and Acadia was incredible. His great humor, personality and wit made this tour priceless. My 16 year old son states this was the most memorable part of his Portland Maine trip. I have to agree, this was a grand way to see, feel and learn about Acadia National Park. This is a must do!!!!!

2  Thank Mike K