“5 stars for a BBQ place ? Yes.”

Mainely Meat Barbeque
Ranked #23 of 152 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed March 7, 2014

5 stars indeed.

My grading scale is based on cost/value ( ie. was your food worth what you paid for it ? ) and level of expectations.

I wanted to show this place some love because I was so impressed with their simple BBQ menu with just a handful of classic items - keep it simple. The quality of their BBQ ( I think ) is just as good as alot of places in the South. Their prices are great for the quality and amount of food served up. It was better than I expected.

The simple menu is well-complimented by a good selection of beers.

It ain't fine dining but I enjoyed this place as much as I enjoyed Fathom.

3  Thank Fantom_Gormay

Reviewed March 5, 2014

During our vacation in Maine, I was laid up for a few days, leaving the guys in our household on their own. They found their way to Mainely Meat, and had takeout three nights in a row. The pulled pork BBQ was a big favorite, as was the toasted cheese on Texas-style toast. Blueberry sodas completed their order. Strange... they didn't seem all that happy to see me up and about!

1  Thank LiveSmall,TravelBig
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We ended up here one very rainy day during our time in Bar Harbor - we went for a brewery tour for something to do in the rain and apparently everyone had the same idea that day because it was packed! We were guided out of the store front to the brewery and were supposed to go left into the brewery tour, but saw the entrance to Mainely Meat on our right and could smell the BBQ, so we ditched the tour and went into Mainely Meat. We had a few beers and some tasty pulled pork and hung out for a couple of hours... it was the best decision! The Real Ale is a good, drinkable beer. Had the BBQ pork - tasty!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The guys ordered the ribs, they were fork tender and seasoned very well. The full rack was shared between the two. They wanted to go back the next day and get more. We girls both had pulled pork. It was full of meat that was tender and you could put your own sauce on. It came on grilled Texas toast. The potato salad was just OK. I tried the apple raspberry wine, waaaaay to sweet for me. Two had the root beer that they said was very good. The bar tender mixed Ellen's coffee beer and a coal stout for my husband, he said it as great. The staff was fun loving. Low key, casual, beer and good meat, the guys wer thrilled!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Not as touristy as down town but great breakfasts with big portions at good prices. Also ate there at night once and huge portions for pull pork dinner. Half pound plus pork, Cole slaw, beans, potato of your choice and corn bread. Three of us had the blueberry pancakes which were huge and very tasty. One had the 2 mini pancakes, 2 eggs, 2 bacon. None left hungry. I had the maple syrup extra($2.31) which didn't seem to have flavor that I thought it should. Would omit it next time