“Great surprise”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We ate at the one at the Brewery. We were starved by the end of the tour just smelling the smokyness from the BBQ!! I tend to be a very picky eater (I'm a chef!) but I just had to try it!! The food was amazing!! THe BBQ pork was amazing. No sauce on it, just straight from the smoker to you and you decide on the sause and flavoring!! I didn't want to stop eating it!! So tender and flavorful,, with out stupid fake flavorings or anything. I would highly reccomend this!!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have come here for a couple of years because of their good barbeque foods. This year we ordered the sampler. For me,it seemed a little spicier than usual but my husband especially enjoys the ribs. The cole slaw and potato salad were only fair. We really liked the corn muffin, pulled pork, and chicken. The price for two getting the sampler is very good.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed at the Acadia Pines next door and needed breakfast on my first morning. I walked over to Mainely Meat and was waited on immediately by very friendly staff. I had scrambled eggs, home fries and a blueberry muffin. The potatoes were delicious! A simple breakfast, but a great way to start the day! Prices were very reasonable and it's a nice find outside of busy Bar Harbor.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Let's say it is different. My husband's sampler platter was huge. It included pork, chicken, sausage, brisket, beans, coleslaw and corn muffin. Big enough to share. We also ate breakfast here and the wild Maine blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup was delicious.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

my husband and I stopped here on our way out of Bar Harbor, going to start our trek home. My husband loves smoked meat. Anyway, the place was not crowded but busy. Waitresses friendly and you can tell they all are used to working with each other. Anyway, we both orderd the sampler which I think was $15.95. Gives a sample of chicken, pork, ribs, cole slaw, beans, corn bread. I love bbq chicken and it was really tastey, that was my favorite meat on the plate. The ribs were good to me but so-so to my husband. He said good but not GOOOOD. lol. He loved the beans, I loved the cole slaw (I ate his and mine). Pork was good, some fat but not alot to gross me out. (you have to expect some). I liked their BBQ sauce and added about 2 tblsp to the pork which made it good. We felt it was good amount of food for the price. After being ripped off in so many places in the area, we were sick of $50+ meals that were mediocre or downright bad. So the value and the chicken and cole slaw gets the 4 start rating from me. We'd go back here to try other things.