“Think they forgot they were a restaurant”

The Log Cabin Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 148 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: TEMPORARILY CLOSED - The Log Cabin Restaurant is a wonderful family owned Seafood & Steak restaurant that has been in continuous operation since 1984. The original owners who built the restaurant are now back and running the family operation. Great for families and large groups. Our dining rooms offer a very comfortable Maine experience with a classic Maine décor. We also have an absolutely wonderful Country Store filled with products made in Maine and New England. We hope you come to visit and dine with us. Greetings from the entire Hansen Family!
Maine
“Think they forgot they were a restaurant”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

When we had gone here for breakfast, it took forever to get waited on and served. Had to keep bugging the waitress about our order, unless it has changed recently, don't waste your money or time.

• Visited November 2011

Bar Harbor, Maine
“Contaminated Food”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I am a local who works in Bar Harbor and have sent many many guests to this restaurant. I Called them this evening to order two salads with Blue Cheese Dressing and I wasn't able to finish them for I had gotten VERY sick. Of course I got sick at work.... I called the restaraunt to ask them to check the expiration date of the dressing and got the comment of, "Blue cheese dressing never goes bad and all of our food is very fresh". He didn't even bother to look. I would like a refund and will never send another guest there again. And believe me, working at a hotel, I have sent over 350 guests there in a season.

• Visited October 2012
Hampden, Maine
“Just far enough away to attract the locals”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We attended an alumni group dinner on the island, but just far enough away from Bar Harbor for us locals to enjoy it. The atmosphere is very appropriate for the Acadia area...a little bit country...you know the rest. The service was outstanding. Although limited personnel, all questions were answered to our satisfaction. We were given plenty of time to decide on our meals and didn't feel at all rushed after dinner and were able to chat comfortably. The meals we ordered ranged from seafood to pulled pork to steaks, All must have been to everybody's liking, due to the sudden lack of conversation around the table, except for the various comments of how good their meal tasted.

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Good burger and service, but overall just ok.”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had lunch at the Log Cabin Restaurant today. My wife ordered the pull-pork BBQ sandwich. I tried a bite and it confirmed my policy of not ordering BBQ north of the Mason-Dixon and possibly not north of North Carolina and Tennessee. It was ok, but the meat was a little too dry and not as tender as I like. I had the chilli burger and it was excellent. The beef was superior and their chili is exceptional. I ordered a side of fries and they were disappointing. The flavor was good and the potato freshly cut, but they were too limp for my taste. The service was very good. The atomosphere is what I guess you could call "Northwoods Country". Country music ala Hank Jr. and Charlie Daniels played continuously. The decor is blond log cabin and the establishment is very clean.

San Diego, California
“Cheapest lobster dinner in town”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Just after Labor Day, the Log Cabin was advertising a $12.99 lobster dinner. They came through with a properly cooked, good-sized lobster, excellent baked potato (not cooked in aluminum foil for a change, which I appreciated) and tender, tasty ear of corn. There was other stuff on the menu, but we came to Maine for the lobster! The staff was friendly and efficient.

1 Thank Bob T