“good food!”

Gringo's
Ranked #83 of 143 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
St. Augustine, Florida
“good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stopped at Gringos on a quiet weekday afternoon and found the food very good and freshly prepared. Several people stopped in to pick up to-go orders. The sangria was good, and the Greek salad was large enough for the 2 of us to share. Gringos is not fancy, but the food was delicious, and we would return again for a casual lunch.

• Visited September 2013

Rockaway, New Jersey
“What a surprise!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We ate here after our Kayak guide recommended this place. I was blown away by this place. We had the best margeritas!! All fresh ingredients to make it, not some pre made mixer!!! So fresh and amazing. The burritos were to die for as well... all fresh ingredients, the onions and lettuce were crunchy fresh cilantro and not dried stuff, unbelievable flavor with all the fresh ingredients. We ate and drank here after a hike in Acadia and we (2 women) ate a large burrito each!!! Farm fresh ingredients in this hole in the wall hidden place!! Trust me.. you will love this place!!

Visited August 2013
Bellevue, Washington
“Keep Walking!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

There have got to be many better places to eat in Bar Harbor than this place. The staff seemed liked they could care less about service. They put some weird humpback whale record on with annoying sounds while we ate, and they thought it was funny. It took forever to get a couple of burritos, very skimpy nachos, and a quesadilla. Dirty dishes were left on another table for a long time. I ordered a sweet potato burrito and it was almost entirely a can of refried beans. I couldn't even taste any sweet potato. My husband's barbeque vegetarian burrito was tasty though, I'll give them that. Nachos were some of the worst we ever had. Hardly any chips, cold, lousy. All the paper products and wastefulness was a turn off for us as well. Do yourself a favor and walk right by this place.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great margaritas, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Margaritas from fresh squeezed lime juice, plenty of tequila. They are fresh and delicious. They also have fresh squeezed lemonade and limeade. This restaurant is counter service with outside tables. A nice quick alternative that is less expensive. The restaurant is smallish and all the food is prepared to order. We ate her twice and the food is delicious. We had guac and chips,and different burritos. I highly recommend eating here. Keep in mind it's not fancy and there's no waiter service. This was a plus for us because it was faster and cheaper.

Massachusetts
“Great Place (if you're thirsty)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We had a hankering for Mexican Food. Since the good Mexican Place has been replaced with Pats Pizza, we opted to try Gringo's. the drinks were amazing. The kids had smoothies and my husband and I had the lemonade and limeade. All drinks were delicious. Then we got the food. Yuck. I make nachos that are a thousand times better at home. The guacamole was the kind you get at the grocery store (not freshly prepared) and the salsas seemed to be store bought as well. The burritos were bland. We all added Tabasco sauce just so we could taste something. Overall, I would stop by anytime for a beverage or smoothie. I would not eat here again.