“An annual must visit”

Ranked #37 of 151 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: You haven’t been to Bar Harbor, until you’ve been to Geddy’s – a favorite local tradition for over 40 years. Geddy’s offers Contemporary American Classics, Traditional Comfort Food, and New England Seafood. “Fresh” daily-caught, Maine lobster, straight from the “live” lobster tank. Gluten-free and vegetarian options. Festive margaritas, artisan cocktails and local craft beers. Come enjoy this lively tradition and favorite Bar Harbor hangout amongst locals and visitors alike. Don’t forget to visit Geddy’s Down-Under too for unique local gifts and souvenirs. Geddy’s is located on Main Street in the heart of downtown Bar Harbor, across from Agamont Park and the town pier.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Geddy's is a consistently great restaurant for families. The service is great. The food good, some of it great. Our favorite part of the annual trip to Geddys is the coloring page/placemat! It keeps our daughter entertained for at least 2 rounds!

You can't go wrong with this place but, get there early. It fills up fast and they don't take reservations.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,948)

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We have been visiting Bar Harbor every Labor Day weekend for the past eight years. In the past Geddys had live entertainment which we loved, we always had so much fun. We have a thing with one of our out of state friends.." We will meet you at Geddys"!! We met up last night and the bartenders starting to turn on the lights a little after 10pm ... On a Saturday night Labor Day weekend?! We were so disappointed this year...no fun times were had at Geddys this year! Bring back the old Geddys!!

geddys, Manager at Geddys, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thank you for making Geddy's part of your vacation destination!

This is the first time in 8 years that Geddy's has offered live music and we are happy to hear that our guest are excited about the return of entertainment. We will continue to offer music until nightly at 6pm till 9pm. See you again soon! Cheers!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Have to say that the Moose with the Christmas lights on top of the building drew me in. And I was not disappointed by the decor inside. If your looking for boring and dull, do not bother walking through the door. We were warmly greeted and only had a short wait to get seated. Our waitress Crystal was a hoot, she has a great personality and kept you entertained. I got the Clam Roll Special, and my husband got the Fried Haddock Dinner, they were good, large portions at a great price. They had live music that was fun and interesting, while not the best they tried and it was entertaining. It was fun looking around the room seeing all the items on the wall, lots to see and read while waiting for your meal. The guy in the picture was my favorite he was over our table and didn't asked to be fed.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have a ton of food allergies, so eating out is always a challenge. Michael our server guided me through the menu and suggested I have a gluten-free pizza with seafood, spinach, scallions, garlic and olive oil. He thought it might be nice for me to have "a treat."
Anthony, Geddy's pizza chef, prepared the most delicious meal I had while on Bar Harbor! His attention to creating a yummy pizza was so wonderful I polished off the whole thing!
Thank-you, Michael for your guidance, and attentive service.
Thank-you, Anthony for my great gluten-free, dairy free and decadent lunch.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have been going here for years more for the atmosphere than the food. The food is above average but I would stick to the pub type variety. If you want higher end go to a higher end restaurant. The burgers, sandwiches, and pizza are very good. We have also had the baby back ribs which are large and good but expensive. They are more baked than grilled or smoked.
The seafood is OK but also expensive.
The pub atmosphere is great, the beer cold and the service good. All in all an enjoyable experience.