“A Good Choice in Bar Harbour”
Review of Geddys

Geddys
Ranked #22 of 152 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Geddy's is located in the heart of downtown Bar Harbor, across from Agamont Park and the town pier. The menu offers a wide variety of creative American dishes and local seafood fare - including gluten-free options. There is an extensive bar list of wine, festive drinks, and local beers. It's always a party at this long-standing family-fun coastal hot spot! There is also a unique gift shop downstairs.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went here after walking out of Galyns. Good choice on our part. Couldn’t find anything to knock; fast friendly service, good food, consistent Bar Harbour pricing. As with most any restaurant, experiences can vary by day and by staff. We would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank IYSAYKIWYT
Write a ReviewReviews (1,884)

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Visited on St Patricks Day (and to celebrate my daughters 21st Birthday, Expected it to be busy...it was pretty quiet) Lots of cool memorabilia and fun signs to read...Staff was wonderful, met promptly at the door, and immediately brought to a table...our server Kelly was super nice, and brought my daughters dessert with a candle...though not a single member of the staff offered to sing? (Mind you, there was a ratio of one staff member per patron at that point) I had heard a lot of hype about this place, but I have to say overall, the food was "ok" the ambiance was fun, but I think it would be more of a place to stop for a quick drink and an appetizer...not a meal. Oh...and be careful when entering the rest room...there is a small "step" up, and I watched an elderly woman fall as she was entering...I hopped up from across the room and went to help (as did her daughter) but not a single staff person came by to help until we had this poor woman back on her feet (which was a timely matter) :(

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

My in laws came to visit from the West coast, so we decided to take the to Geddy's for dinner after a really long day of travel. This was our first time there as well by the way. We walked in and took a seat in the waiting area as there was no host/hostess to greet us (we were the only ones in the waiting area). After waiting for about 20 minutes I decided to walk over to the bar to see if we could get some service but the gal working at the bar totally ignored me, she wouldn't even look in my direction! After a few "excuse me ma'am's" I gave up and walked back to our group of six STILL waiting to be acknowledged. We were tired, hungry and getting cranky so we were starting to walk out when a waitress finally decided to seat us. Her service was ok. The food was nothing to brag about and it took a very long time to arrive. The price was pretty steep. We will not be going there ever again. That was an embarrassing place to take my in-laws to, they were not very impressed.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We went here with a group of 8 people. The host happily set up a table for us all and our service was very efficient and friendly. Had a casual lunch which was wonderful! (Lots of cool decorations & signs and the gift shop had lots of funny things and local souvenirs!)

1  Thank Sam D
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Their regulad hamburger on sourdough is awesome. they give you chips, coleslaw and a pickle. If you desire french fries they will add a little more to the bill but they are delish! The hamburger can be cooked as I like it..medium RARE. many places won't do that. I go as often as possible, tuna melt is tasty,too. Pizza is very good, well, you can't go wrong!!!

1  Thank JaneK473