“Quaint Goodness”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Laurel, Maryland
“Quaint Goodness”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We walked around the corner to this bakery after our meal at the Thirsty Whale. I enjoyed a large chocolate chip cookie and on the suggestion of the behind the counter girl, my husband got the cheesecake brownie. The brownie was much better once zapped for a few seconds in the microwave to allowed the chocolate goodness to melt just a little with the cheesecake and my cookie was just fine as is.

1 Thank partners1989

Manassas, Virginia
“Very popular!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

There are a lot of bakery choices and this one had a line out the door before it opened. I went back later and purchased several baked goods. They were all delicious!

Visited September 2013
Boston
“walk past other bakeries to get there”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have a horrible weakness for awful restaurants on main streets that have red signs. There, I said it. I admitted it. My wife always does her research. When we visit a new place, she typically reads four guide books before we get there. So this morning, while she slept, I walked past the lousy bakery next door with the red sign, past the sub standard bakery with the yellow sign, off the main street, off the beaten path and arrived at Morning Glory three minutes before they opened at 7:00 am. Five people arrived after me. As the doors opened, I was overwhelmed by freshly baked items and hardworking young people who look like they just arrived from a healthy living commune. The service was prompt and the blueberry muffin was spectacular. Slightly crunchy on the outside with blueberries that burst with fresh flavor on the inside. Clearly, these muffins were made from scratch. It's a glorious way to start your day.

1 Thank jojothedogfaceboy
Concord, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Coffee & Bagels”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Visiting Bar Harbor and found what I would think is the "local's" bakery. Delicious bagels, and the coffee was great, not weak as is the case in so many places. We went back for bread and bagels to bring home, and a cookie for the ride!

Stavanger, Norway
“Cupcakes and pie oh my!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My mother-in-law's birthday was celebrated in Bar Harbor and so we got cupcakes at this bakery. The cake was pretty good, but the icing was heavenly. Chocolate with some coffee in it. The pie was excellent and we decided was 2nd place after West Street Cafe. Try them both!

Visited September 2013