“Great Coffee and Blueberry pie” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Bronx
“Great Coffee and Blueberry pie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stopped in for a cup of coffee the other day and it was delicious. I also had a piece of Blueberry Pie which was fresh baked and loaded with blueberries. My friend had a sandwich with humus and vegetables which was fresh and crisp. The store offers free WiFi while enjoying your coffee,

• Visited April 2013

Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Great coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were getting desperate for a good, strong cup of coffee and then finally stumbled on the Morning Glory ... and then what a glorious morning it was!

Service could have been friendlier but really, for us, it was the coffee that won us! The sweet and savoury pastries were tempting and tasted as good as they looked

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jay, Maine
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for a quick breakfast. We were in for a treat. They had several delicious looking fresh baked breakfast items to choose from. I decided to try the sticky bun, which would have been enough for the both of us. My husband had the cheese/rhubarb danish. They were both equally delicious! Again, one pastry would have been enough to share between the two of us.

Visited March 2013
Portland, Maine
“On a cold February day....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

nothing better in the early morning hours in a snowy Maine February day than going into a wonderful bakery and having a freshly made rhubarb and cheese danish with freshly brewed and steaming dark roast from Carpe Diem roasters!! Yum yum yum.... And then I brought my sleeping wife a chocolate croissant that she described as the best she has had in a long time! What a way to start the day.

• Visited February 2013
Bar Harbor, Maine
“Nothing Special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

"Morning Glory Bakery" is one of the most popular bakeries in town. I love their blueberry cheese danish and their sticky buns. Unlike "Starbucks", they actually heat up their pastries. They have a really good chai ice tea and they make really good breakfast sandwiches. Over the summer, I would come by here in the morning and get myself a breakfast sandwich to take to work for lunch. Everything is perfectly made fresh and using all local and organic products. That being said, it is a little pricey, but worth it. Many coffee shops in town, don't make their pastries, so this is the real treat when you come to "Morning Glory".

The service is okay. I did have a problem with a worker, who refused to make a breakfast sandwich for me ten minutes before they stopped making them. I knew 11:00 or 11:30 (don't remember the exact time) would be the end time, so I on purpose got there ten minutes before on a lunch break, but he said they stopped making them. I told him I had ten minutes and he looked at me like I was being a smarty pants. This doesn't stop me from going, but I just hope that worker isn't rude again to other people. He's not welcoming to the customers.

Anyway, with that aside, I do recommend a trip to "Morning Glory". Free WI-FI and lots of tables to sit at.

• Visited August 2012