“Nothing Special”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Bar Harbor, Maine
“Nothing Special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

"Morning Glory Bakery" is one of the most popular bakeries in town. I love their blueberry cheese danish and their sticky buns. Unlike "Starbucks", they actually heat up their pastries. They have a really good chai ice tea and they make really good breakfast sandwiches. Over the summer, I would come by here in the morning and get myself a breakfast sandwich to take to work for lunch. Everything is perfectly made fresh and using all local and organic products. That being said, it is a little pricey, but worth it. Many coffee shops in town, don't make their pastries, so this is the real treat when you come to "Morning Glory".

The service is okay. I did have a problem with a worker, who refused to make a breakfast sandwich for me ten minutes before they stopped making them. I knew 11:00 or 11:30 (don't remember the exact time) would be the end time, so I on purpose got there ten minutes before on a lunch break, but he said they stopped making them. I told him I had ten minutes and he looked at me like I was being a smarty pants. This doesn't stop me from going, but I just hope that worker isn't rude again to other people. He's not welcoming to the customers.

Anyway, with that aside, I do recommend a trip to "Morning Glory". Free WI-FI and lots of tables to sit at.

• Visited August 2012

Bracknell
“Get there early”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

As we were staying at Bar Harbor over the weekend we found our first choices for breakfast rather difficult to get into- having seen the queue outside Cafe this Way- we rather stumbled on this bakery/take away- and came to rely on it whilst we were visiting.

As well as being a full-time bakery the shop also serves coffee and the usual selection of pastries, plus bagels and breakfast sandwiches. There is limited seating inside and a couple of bench seats at the front. Better though just to take your bag of goodies and coffee to the area around the pier- choose a bench and enjoy your breakfast by the waterfront.

A good value way to start the morning

• Visited September 2012
East Hampstead, New Hampshire
“Not a lot of choices...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We ended up here for a quick morning breakfast before spending the day in Acadia. Granted it was late October but this is a tourist destination. All I wanted was a cup of ice coffee. They do sell ice coffee but they stopped selling it because it was too cold. Should I be the one to make that decision? So I tried a different tactic, I asked for a cup of ice so that I could pour my ice coffee over it. Nope.....no ice. No ice?? Really? We got bagels, some with cream cheese and some with peanut butter but they did not include napkins or knives in the to go bag. And because I'm a guy, I didn't think to get or ask for those items. Problem with Bar Harbor in late October is there are not a lot of quick breakfast choices. All of the breakfast choices we saw on TripAdvisor had already closed for the season. Its a seasonal tourist area, I get it, but I feel bad for the people that live there and are limited in their choices.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Joe L
delaware
“Great Referral!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

An employee at the Abbe Museum indicated that Morning Glory Bakery was good in response to my request. She was right. My wife and I like those unpretentious places that locals frequent, characterized by good food and reasonable prices. My wife had an organic chicken sandwich with curry, cucumber and spring greens. I opted for delicious lentil soup and a spinach roll. For our sweet teeth, we selected a blondie and blueberry bar. They both were awesome. Loved this place.

Visited November 2012
Northern VA
“The Best bakery in the Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Small bakery on a side street that locals frequent. The breads are absurdly good. The pies are terrific. Go early as they sell out of some items early. Recommend picking up some sandwiches for lunch if going hiking or walking around town. They have around 6-8 unique choices of made to order sandwiches. Loved the “Ralphy” sandwich (curried chicken salad with cucumbers and greens). Great way to start the day.

• Visited October 2012