All reviews wine and cheese other guests south suite egg bake the main house oatmeal blueberry bread pudding mount desert private entrance acadia national park bed and breakfast chocolate chip cookies small kitchen breakfast was delicious living room enjoyed our stay b bs
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had such a great experience at the Mira Monte Inn this past weekend. We stayed in the Grand Central room which had a Queen bed and a single bed. Beautifully decorated in the Victorian style. The inn offers wine and cheese from 5 - 7 and the owner, Marian, is there and will talk to you about the island, the inn, or anything else you'd like to chat about. She is terrific.
The breakfast is something to behold. If you are on a strict diet though, skip it, you'll gain wait just smelling it (heavenly). It is unbelievably decadent, with homemade muffins, breads, quiches, belgian waffles, and so much more. The day we left, they made french toast like I've never had before. Everyone there treated you like you were family. If you have kids, they are very welcome here, unlike many places that don't allow them or tollerate them. Also, be sure to check out the gardens out back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have gone to Bar Harbor many times. And each time we return, Mira Monte is always our choice. The breakfast is varied, plentiful and delicious. The rooms are more spacious than most B&Bs with great decor and common sense to what is needed by the guests. You are only a couple blocks from the village green & shops. But the real treasure is the staff. Their knowledge and availability is just what is needed when there is so much to do in the area and so little time.
Marian can even direct you to just the right boat to the Cranberry islands so you have the best guide. The grounds are open with a flower garden. It really adds quiet to the visit.
We stayed many places before we discovered Mira Monte but none can compare.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2012

If you would like to meet a gal with endless information and an absolute zeal for sharing it, you need to stay at the Mira Monte Inn at Bar Harbor, Maine. Marion is the owner/proprietress of the inn where I stayed for 7 nights, July 14 thru 21, 2012. I was meeting up with an organized cycling tour and this is the B & B they put us in. Perfect! The inn is an old Victorian appointed to the nines with period pieces, but accented with modern upgrades that we sort of expect these days. I had a fireplace in my room, a great shower, air conditioning and a very comfy bed. The gardens were absolutely busting with blooms! Breakfast was served from 8 to 10 daily and it was lovely...organic oatmeal with cranberries, homemade muffins, fresh wild blueberry bread puddding, steamed eggs and always 2 choices of egg casserole (and lots more...different every day) ...served in the sweetest manner with antique china. If felt as if you were at your grandmother's for breakfast....and there were guests from all over the place....I loved it! Then, from 5 to 7, Marion joined us (any guest who chose to partake) in the parlor for wine, cheese and conversation! This was when we got the good information....where to have the best lobster dinner, how to take advantage of the free L.L. Bean bus system, the best restaurants, etc. I totally enjoyed my stay at the Mira Monte.....I even got a hug when I left....I loved that, too.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Newport room complete with private balcony, fireplace, great shower and antique furniture.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at this B&B for two nights in July. This is a fairly expensive place to stay and with all the reviews we thought it was going to be fantastic. It is a pretty, old home, but the bed was hard and the pillows uncomfortable. Our room was pretty stuffy and didn't smell all that great either. The breakfast is a buffet, but not a typical one. Think more like a few types of muffins, some oatmeal, a quiche, maybe a breadpudding/coffee cake and some fruit. Nothing wrong with that, but not what we were expecting and I guess I really like breakfast meat and was sad not to have some bacon! There were fresh baked cookies in the afternoon which were great. I think our expectations were just off as the previous reviewer mentioned. It was not a bad walk into the main area of Bar Harbor though which was convenient, certainly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The inn is very attractive from the outside and has gorgeous gardens. Walking to downtown Bar Harbor is easy and quick. Inside is full of character, with interesting rooms here and there. The staff was friendly. On the other hand, the price we paid was on the medium-high end for B&Bs in Bar Harbor during our time frame, so we expected something a bit different from what it ended up being. It's not a luxurious bed and breakfast but is rather akin to an old beach hotel with lots of character and quirks. Had we had the correct expectations to begin with, we wouldn't have felt disappointed; yet had we known what to expect, we would have stayed somewhere cheaper.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple