All reviews wine and cheese other guests marian burns south suite egg bake the main house oatmeal blueberry bread pudding crackers acadia national park mount desert private entrance chocolate chip cookies short walk bed and breakfast small kitchen breakfast was delicious
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Great location and very pretty house and garden; easy walk into main part of town. Owner is extremely helpful with lots of information about making the best use of your time in the area. Breakfast is great, self-serve buffet, very easy-going. We liked that you can stay in the breakfast room to chat with other guests if you feel social or take your food off to a side room or porch if you feel more like a quiet beginning to the day. We stayed in the new apartment in the building back of the main house, which was very comfortable and private, but if you are looking for the charm of an old inn you should try for a room in the main house. We would definitely stay here again if we were visiting Bar Harbor.

Room tip: Newer apartments in additional building are comfortable and possibly more private than rooms in the main inn, but rooms in the main house probably have more B & B charm.
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed here in July 2012 as part of the package deal with Maine Coast Bicycle Tours and was very impressed with this B&B. The room was beautiful and spacious. The service was excellent. The breakfast was delicious. I ate far too much every morning. The staff was helpful and friendly, especially Marian, the owner. She has many recommendations for restaurants and sight seeing, and will sit and talk with guests sometimes for the 5 o'clock wine and cheese hour. I highly recommend the Mira Monte Inn for a stay in Bar Harbor.

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Last week I stayed with my wife for three nights in this great B&B. It is really special and was one of our top highlights during a 2 weeks travel. The rooms are cosy, the breakfast served with love and the atmosphere with Miram around you just great. Don't miss the 5pm wine and talk with other guests and Miram.
We would go again, no doubt.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Recently stayed in at the Inn with my husband and daughter. Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay. The location was phenomenal, just a short walk to the main street. Their gardens were quite beautiful and as a Floridian, I really enjoyed seeing a great variety of plants we just can't grow down here.
I have an egg allergy and the staff approached me to ask if there was anything special I would like for breakfast- most thoughtful, but not needed since there were so many things to chose from! Breakfast options were ample and delicious- the oatmeal was especially great! I liked that we were able to serve ourselves breakfast and had several options regarding where to eat, rather than eating in shifts at one table.
We stayed in the Rodick room. It was charming and clean, but unfortunately the shower was extremely small and difficult to maneuver. We also had two very large flies in out room upon arrival. We found that we had to stuff a towel in the window above the airconditioning in order to keep more from coming in.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the St. Saveur room for 3 nights in June and really enjoyed it. The Inn is Victorian but with all of the modern things we have come to expect...flat screen TV, Wifi and modern bathroom and a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was buffet style with many choices. The oatmeal with cranberries was outstanding...add a little maple syrup. Marian and her staff are very helpful and welcoming. We would most absolutely stay there again. The location is great... just a short walk to the heart of Bar Harbor and a short drive to Acadia National Park. The afternoon wine and cheese was an added bonus.