“Big Scoops”

Udder Heaven Ice Cream Retreat
Ranked #4 of 13 Dessert in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Reopening mid May 2017 Home of religiously good ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet, sherbet and italian ice. All made right here in "Heaven"
Moretown, Vermont
“Big Scoops”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stumbled upon Udder Heaven after striking out trying to find parking in downtown Bar Harbor for ice cream. $3.95 will buy you one scoop, but it's a nice, big one. My salted carmel with pretzels was very good. My daughter's "cookie monster" was actually dyed blue - very cute - but have to dock a star because when my son asked our server what was in the Acadia flavor, she said "I don't have a clue".

• Visited August 2014

Fort Collins, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite ice cream shop 2000 miles away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is my husbands favorite ice cream shop. We live in Colorado 2000 miles away. So when we are in Maine we go there every night. Large selection of flavors.

Visited July 2014
Austin, Texas
“Great ice cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

A little pricey but huge servings and great ice cream flavors. A single scoop is really large and a double is gigantic.

• Visited August 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Ice Cream - Tongue in Cheek Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

This ice creamery is great - flavors burst with energy! The menu cracked me up with its catholic school references. I had a rather "sedate" "Sundae Services - Sundae Supreme - Having mass appeal, it's the traditional sundae of "heaven". Choose hard or soft vanilla ice cream graced with hot fudge, whipped cream, peanuts and a cherry,". I choose hard ice cream and the sundae was huge and it took two of us to finish. I had considered the "Gilded Angel Sundae - Hark! It's a herald of heath flavored ice cream and caramel topping with a choir of whipped cream, toffee crumbles, and a cherry" but tradition won out.

Lots of great choices with interesting ingredients mixed in. I'm always a sucker for a good ice cream store, but this takes the fun to new heights. Plus, the ice cream is made right there.

Stop by and have a taste of Heaven! No foolin' ! Hurry. I think it's only open in the summer!

• Visited July 2014
“Great ice cream great price. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We stopped by after pirate golf because you get a coupon for $2 off or a free cone. Great ice cream with a great selection at a great price. Would recommend.