“Delicious Ice Cream!”

Udder Heaven Ice Cream Retreat
Ranked #3 of 13 Dessert in Bar Harbor
Description: We are now Closed for the 2017 Season and look forward to serving you in 2018. Reopening May 2018. Home of religiously good ice cream, non dairy, frozen yogurt, ices, sherbets and sorbets all made right here in "Heaven".
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed across the road and enjoyed the ice cream so much that we returned 3 times. We had cones of Chocolate Walnut, Maple Walnut and Raspberry Dark Chocolate Chip. This is GREAT ice cream! It's seems a little pricey until you see the size of the huge servings! I got a medium the first time but after just a small and it was still ALOT! The go to place for ice cream in Bar Harbor!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

They had a variety of different ice cream. Difficult to choose which one. The store was pretty full considering the weather was quite cool.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The ice cream here is absolutely delicious! Although a bit pricey, it is worth the expense. We stay at the Bar Harbor Campground every year, and because the two properties are connected, it is the perfect place for an evening stroll to get ice cream after a long hot Maine day.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Excellent ice cream and unique combinations and flavors. Home-made. Owner is very friendly and knowledgeable about the town. Extremely popular: always a line, but worth the short wait.

1  Thank LMadison
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I make it a point to stop here anytime I'm up around Bar Harbor. Pirate's Cove Mini Golf is right across the road, and so my boys and I have been making it a tradition to head to Udder Heaven after playing a round of mini-golf for REALLY good ice cream. (While another reviewer mentions them serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, please be advised they do NOT. The reviewer was confusing this place with Mainely Meat BBQ which is in the same building, but a separate business.) First, the customer is presented with a mind-boggling selection of ice cream flavors and creations/concoctions. It almost creates information overload for the undecided. While talking to one of the staff, she advised they come up with new combinations/flavors all the time - and that frequently customer suggestions help them to decide what to attempt. All I can say is WOW. Their ice cream is delicious!!!!! My kids and I usually keep it simple and opt for a cone or dish of ice cream so we can savor whatever unique flavors we have decided to try. I hope these folks stay in business for as long as I can keep getting up in the area!