“Terrific ice cream!!!!!”

Udder Heaven Ice Cream Retreat
Ranked #4 of 13 Dessert in Bar Harbor
Description: Home of religiously good ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet, sherbet and italian ice. Our dairy ingredients are from Maine cows and our ice cream products are made right here in "Heaven"
Nottingham, Pennsylvania
“Terrific ice cream!!!!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I make it a point to stop here anytime I'm up around Bar Harbor. Pirate's Cove Mini Golf is right across the road, and so my boys and I have been making it a tradition to head to Udder Heaven after playing a round of mini-golf for REALLY good ice cream. (While another reviewer mentions them serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, please be advised they do NOT. The reviewer was confusing this place with Mainely Meat BBQ which is in the same building, but a separate business.) First, the customer is presented with a mind-boggling selection of ice cream flavors and creations/concoctions. It almost creates information overload for the undecided. While talking to one of the staff, she advised they come up with new combinations/flavors all the time - and that frequently customer suggestions help them to decide what to attempt. All I can say is WOW. Their ice cream is delicious!!!!! My kids and I usually keep it simple and opt for a cone or dish of ice cream so we can savor whatever unique flavors we have decided to try. I hope these folks stay in business for as long as I can keep getting up in the area!

• Visited September 2012

Massachusetts
“Breakfast is filling!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The High Seas Motel front desk suggested this place. Its located next door (north) to the motel. Besides ice cream, this place also serves Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. It's rustic and small but the waitstaff is friendly and meals are served quickly. Good sized portions of veggie omelet, toast, coffee. Unfortunately, I didn't get to taste their ice cream.

Visited September 2012
“awesome home made ice cream”
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

I hardly ever eat ice cream but figured since I was in vacation I'd splurge and it was worth it. quality delicious home made ice cream. I'd recommend. had coffee heath bar low-fat and it tasted much better than any store brand ice cream. worth a visit. owner was friendly as well

Dighton, Massachusetts
“Ice cream really good, frappes like water, service terrible”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Went twice during our stay in Bar Harbor. First time for ice cream which was really good, service OK. Second time for frappes which were like water and the service was awful. I think they might have been training someone but at least the experienced people should help out.

• Visited August 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Watch your waistline.”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is an excellent ice cream stop with interesting flavor combos and big portions. If you are watching the calories stick with a kids size in a cup. The chocolate peanut butter was wonderful as was butter pecan and salted pretzel. There are often lines and not a lot of seating but if you are passing by try it out.

• Visited August 2012