“Well Worth the Calories!!!!”

Mount Desert Island Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Bar Harbor
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Mount Desert Island Ice Cream makes handmade artisanal ice cream and sorbets in Bar Harbor and Portland, Maine. We have been named one of the top ice cream shops by Food and Wine. Mount Desert Island Ice Cream is closed for the season until spring 2018.
Reviewed October 16, 2010

We saw a photo of the POTUS in front of this store and set out on a mission to find it while staying in SW Harbor. Well, it was worth the drive to Bar Harbor. This ice cream store ROCKS! The blackstrap banana and cookies and cream were A+ highly recommend!!!!

Reviewed October 5, 2010

I come from an ice cream town - some of the best in the country and we know our ice cream! This was definitely a match for the best. Rich creamy textures and very interesting flavor options. Only disappointment is they weren't serving Mexican Chocolate and I'd heard so many good things about it, I really wanted to try it. My husband and I decided on a hot fudge sundae and were delighted that we could get two flavors (small portions) to count as one scoop and had our choice of nuts - pecans, walnuts or almonds, Never seen that before!

Reviewed September 10, 2010

Please God let me forget the taste of the " Mexican chocolate" ice cream before I get pregnant again. I don't think my marriage is strong enough to force my husband to drive 7 hours for a craving.

Reviewed September 9, 2010

You must try their wild blueberry flavor when in Bar Harbor, it's fantastic!

Reviewed August 24, 2010

Delicious unique flavors like ginger, and cinammon pepper, blueberry basil. But the basics we had like Candy shop, butter pecan and good ol chocolate were delicious too.