“Yummy - high quality Ice Cream”

Mount Desert Island Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mount Desert Island Ice Cream makes handmade artisanal ice cream and sorbets in Bar Harbor and Portland, Maine. We have been named one of the top ice cream shops by Food and Wine.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Yummy - high quality Ice Cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

I come from an ice cream town - some of the best in the country and we know our ice cream! This was definitely a match for the best. Rich creamy textures and very interesting flavor options. Only disappointment is they weren't serving Mexican Chocolate and I'd heard so many good things about it, I really wanted to try it. My husband and I decided on a hot fudge sundae and were delighted that we could get two flavors (small portions) to count as one scoop and had our choice of nuts - pecans, walnuts or almonds, Never seen that before!

Globe trotters
“Please God let me forget the taste of the...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2010

Please God let me forget the taste of the " Mexican chocolate" ice cream before I get pregnant again. I don't think my marriage is strong enough to force my husband to drive 7 hours for a craving.

Fair Lawn, NJ
“Yummy!!!! Wild Blueberry is pure heaven.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

You must try their wild blueberry flavor when in Bar Harbor, it's fantastic!

Fairfield County, CT
“Yummy home made ice creat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

Delicious unique flavors like ginger, and cinammon pepper, blueberry basil. But the basics we had like Candy shop, butter pecan and good ol chocolate were delicious too.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Some of the most unique, bold and...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

Some of the most unique, bold and interesting ice cream flavors I've ever had. The sorbet (blueberry basil was one highlight) was refreshing and sometimes very tart...huge plus! Many inventive flavor combinations (bananas foster, Thai chili curry, avocado) that all worked. Outstanding.