“SO GOOD!”

Mount Desert Island Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mount Desert Island Ice Cream makes handmade artisanal ice cream and sorbets in Bar Harbor and Portland, Maine. We have been named one of the top ice cream shops by Food and Wine.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SO GOOD!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We got ice cream almost every night! The Nutella was my favorite, but I also loved the Salted Caramel....so I got one scoop of each! :-)

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Karen B

New York City, New York
“Average taste, slightly lackluster service”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We went here for ice cream after dinner since our waitress recommended them above all of the other ice cream shops. I'm not a huge ice cream eater but like it in moderation. I thought the flavor selection was a little bland when we went and the girls behind the counter didn't seem all that thrilled to be there. I would probably try one of the other ice cream establishments if I ever went back to Bar Harbor. Also slightly overpriced for the amount of ice cream I got.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Holly T
Durham, Maine
“Great Ice Cream”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We asked our waiter at a restaurant where the BEST ice cream was in town. This is it! We sat in the lovely park across the street and people watched while licking away. Don't miss this treat.

• Visited June 2014
“Wide variety”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I always stop into MDI Ice Cream to see what flavors they have. I love to get salted caramel and sometimes mix it with one of the other awsome flavors they have. My favorites are mexican chocolate, wasabi, guinness and white russian. 2 locations in town so which ever part of Bar Harbor you are in you are never very far away. Always friendly staff and great service.

• Visited September 2013
Bedford, New Hampshire
“Ginger Ice Cream!!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We popped in for a little ice cream after dinner, and it surely did not disappoint! The place is tiny, and the young lady who helped us and gave us tastes of different flavors was delightful!

I had the Ginger, and LOVED IT! it had that little bit of heat that ginger carries, and I thought is was perfect for after a nice meal! My sweetie had chocolate and the salted caramel flavors, and the salted caramel was rich and delish!

• Visited May 2014