“Great Tour”

Oli's Trolley - Acadia National Park Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fully narrated trolley tours of Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park open April through Oct
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We very much enjoyed our two hour tour of Acadia National Park on Oli's Trolley. Our guide was very knowledgeable of the area and very interesting. Never a dull moment. She was a very good speaker with lots of interesting facts and walked with us to point out interesting areas and facts we would not know otherwise. This is a worthwhile tour that will not break your wallet. As previous reviewers say it gives you a good foothold if you wish to return to the park on your own. We highly recommend this tour, and yes, you have plenty of time for fabulous photos.

2  Thank D M
Write a ReviewReviews (2,154)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We got our tour tickets from the trolley station store (and not on the ship). It's just steps from the where the cruise ships dock so it was easy and much cheaper ($15 for one-hour tour). Choose from 60 minutes or 2.5 hours. The guide was exceptionally knowledgeable and the scenery out the window was stunning. You can normally get on and off to take photos but during the government shut-down, we were not allowed to step on Acadia National Park property. Bummer. Well worth the trip though, nice tour, great way to get oriented.

1  Thank southmiamijill
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Oli's Trolley is the very best !! The staff exceeded far and beyond the normal adventure. When we arrived in our wheelchair accessible van at the ticket location, I was unable to find ANY parking. The water front area is jammed with tourists and cruise ship visitors. I stopped in the middle of the road, dropped the ramp, my husband rolled out in his motorized wheelchair and I transferred him to a manual chair since Oli's Trolley cannot accommodate a heavier chair. (This I rented from Coastal Medical Equipment in Ellsworth - 18 miles away.) At this point I cut my finger and was bleeding everywhere. I was feeling overwhelmed when a staff (Denise) member contacted her husband to come and get my husband so I could bandage my finger and find a parking spot. They were life savers !! The husband transferred my husband to the trolley site and loaded him into the trolley. The driver was exceptionally courteous and very informative. We were supposed to spend 2 1/2 hrs. in Acadia Park but it was closed due to the government shut-down so we traveled from one end of the island to the other and our guide pointed out several mansions owned by famous people and told stories of life on Bar Harbor before and after the 1947 fire that destroyed most of the beautiful homes. The trolley was comfortable and clean. My husband and I would surely ride Oli's Trolley again and advise others to do so also.

1  Thank Musictchr2
Reviewed October 20, 2013

As vehicles were not permitted to enter Acadia National Park due to the government shutdown we chose the city tour and a drive around some of the park perimeter. Our driver was excellent and he gave us a lot of history about Bar Harbor while going through the city streets and a ride past some of the Acadia Park entrances and stopped at other vantage points that allowed us to see the beauty of the park. Although I was looking forward to a ride through the park It was not their fault that we could not enter and I feel they were doing the best they could for their customers under the circumstances. If we get a chance to go back I will sign up for the longer tour.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We arrived at a bad time when the park was closed. So we hopped on the trolley and got to see the area outside the park. The trolley had to change some of the routes because of the shutdown and unfortunately when we drove on the main roads through the park we were not allowed to stop and take photos. It was a good way to get a feel for where everything was but if I were to do it again I would have used the free local bus service offered. No freedom for the independent traveler but great for those that want to have someone lead the way.