“Easy and Fun”

Aquaterra Adventures
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We did the morning kayak around the porcupine islands. It was wonderful. The location is convenient, and they suited us up in skirts and gear quickly. Because they have a dock right there, we didn't have to waste time driving anywhere. The boats were very sophisticated and comfortable. The guide was very patient, funny, and informative.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

After an on land tutorial our guide took us out on a wonderful adventure, pointing out local sites and landmarks. It was our first time in an ocean kayak but hopefully not our last. Our guide had a wonderful sense of humor and made our excursion a lot of fun!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We took the Sunset Kayak tour and it was awesome. Our guide was great. The two hour kayak schedule though felt short (1 hour was spent on ground). Would recommend.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I'm a kayaker who wanted to go out in Acadia National Park. Weather was not cooperating but we found a good day to go and chose Aquaterra as the company that was the next best to going out to the quiet western side of the island (where there's less traffic and waves,and more chance of seeing wildlife)...

Pros: Dock on the harbor, so you put in right there and don't waste time on a shuttle. Beautiful scenery. Good saftey and gear.

Cons: Not really a con, but I had the feeling that the guide was not doing what he wanted to be doing at the time our tour, which is always sort of a bummer. Had some good info but not a lot of extra natural information about wildlife, etc.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

My husband and I did the Porcupine Island paddle. There was only one other kayak and the leader, so we were able to paddle a good distance (~5 or 6 miles) and spent nearly all of the time in the water. It was the first time we'd ever sea kayaked, and my husband was nervous, but the weather and tide conditions were great, and these guys made sure everyone had proper safety equipment. Aquaterra provided everything we needed. I would definitely go out again with this company, but maybe take a longer tour now that we've gained some confidence. And our guide was fantastic - the type of friendly guy that reminded me of Jeff Foxworthy.

2  Thank RockGalSD