Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historical Park
More attraction details
Owner description: On February 12, 1809, Abraham Lincoln was born in a one-room log cabin, similar to the authentic 19th-century cabin preserved here.
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I thought I'd get to see an interesting log cabin, but it was inside another building that wasn't very accessable to my senior parent. The movie shown was poorly done. This was really a miss. Better to see Lincoln Memorial in Wash D.C.

1  Thank wendy k
in 8 reviews
"national historical park"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I enjoyed it as much as I could. I was there about 30 minutes on my way towards Western Kentucky. As a HUGE Lincoln fan, I felt it was worth my time, but I would not have traveled out of my way to see it had I know what it was. I did not go to the Boyhood home on this trip. any Lincoln fan should not miss this, however.

Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

This memorial to Lincoln's birthplace is interesting and if you watch the film you get a good idea of his early childhood years in Kentucky. You can climb the steps to the building that houses a "similar" cabin to the one Lincoln was born in. There just isn't much to see and since he was only a baby here it really doesn't give you a ton of insight. It sounds like the boyhood home about 10 miles away might be a better bet, but I was short on time and could only choose one.... Maybe the wrong one?

Reviewed September 30, 2012

On our way down to Mammoth, we saw that the Lincoln birthplace was "on the way." So we decided that this would be a worthwhile stop on our way back home. We stopped and the entrance is free which was nice. We went into the visitors center and there was a nice little gift shop and very small little museum.

We headed to the cabin and it is in such a nice memorial building (resembles Lincoln memorial but not open like it is). We were pleasantly surprised it was in this building. The park wasn't too busy and no one was in the memorial the same time as us, which was nice. We really enjoyed the visit here. We headed to the boyhood home too (about 10 miles away)....which I wouldn't necessarily recommend unless you really have nothing to do. The difference between the two is that the boyhood one is outside and you can walk in it (looks the exact same).

1  Thank allyouneedistara
See more reviews
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We found the Abraham Lincoln Birthplace to be a great place to spend several hours. Our kids were amazed that a whole family could live in a one room cabin. The grounds were beautiful and peaceful.