“Good location but need to impove much more”

Verona Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
Seoul, South Korea
“Good location but need to impove much more”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family visited Guam during the peak season - around a year end - and stayed here for 4 nights.

We arrived at the front desk at 2:30 AM on the 1st day but it took more than 30 min. to find my name in the filing of fax receipts. Front desk even needed my help to find my name in it.

Some guests who arrived earlier than us were also waiting in the lobby to get the their room key at 3:00 AM and some said that they were waiting for more than 2 hours after they arrived at the hotel.

After my booking was verified, I was lucky (!) to receive my room key in 30 min. and get into the room at 3:30 AM. Then I saw a totally ruined room where nothing was prepared to receive any guests.

Near the room, there were a few room maids who seemed very busy to prepare other room and I talked to them to make-up my room in 30 min. We waited for another 30 min. in the floor lobby and the room maids said that they transferred us to the other room on the same floor. At 4:00 AM, we finally got into our room with no telephone, no TV, no stand lamp, no hanger and no coffee maker.

There were 3 elevators but only 1 was working, beautiful X-mas tree and decorations at the main lobby but the electric bikes - which their homepage is advertising - were not available to guests and seemed to be another decoration.

Pool was good for adult and kid - No lifeguard, Min. 120 cm depth - but no snacks and towels were provided near the pool.

Scene from the floor lobby was very nice to see the Tumon bay and K-mart in 10 min. to walk.

Good location and scene couldn't cover up poor services and rooms.

Room Tip: Select a room with ocean view at Higher floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank gecko08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Location: Guam

Staff: I think its Taiwanese owner, staff can speak both mandarin and english. Nice staffs but professional.

Cleanliness: rooms are clean at the beginning but no one seems bother to make up the rooms. We had 6 rooms, most of us only concern to have clean towels but had to call 2 to 4 times till they've sent.

Sleep Quality: good mat and 2 kings size bed in our twin bed room

Quietness: most of my friends heard pipe water running and people talking even water dropping they heard, claimed they been woke about once every 1 hour, but I fell asleep very quick and deep sleep till alarm rang. So, you bet which type you will be in this hotel.

Value: ok

View: nice ocean view at the top side of famous Hotel Road.

Laundry: towels, shampoo & shower gel, tooth brush & paste, hair dryer, microwave and offee maker are provided

WiFi: free provide in whole hotel area but not stable reception, therefore, we needed to connect again and again.

Others: We had 6 rooms but most of my friends felt uncomfortable but I felt nice though. Local friends kept telling me Verona is not good, poor management, I wasn't agree during the stay though they have no system for making up room. Eventually, I totally agreed after I checked out and got to Guam airport to check in my flight back home. I can't deny that I am clumsy but there was no reason for Versona front desk kept my passport for 3 days and 2 nights long. It was disaster but I am glad that I had picked a very nice car rental company Andy Car Rental which I will give reviews next moment. They helped to collect my passport to send back to me at airport in less than 30 mins. Thank God! While Verona front desk staff were still asking me to repeat what was happening!! Guess how I desperated with the staff of this hotel!!

Suggestion: alright, even most of the rooms are renovating. Flight from Hong Kong to Guam or Yap to Guam always arrived in the morning. So, I emailed to reservation@veronaresortguam.com but they never response.

Room Tip: I think half number of the rooms are being renovating, so, our 6 rooms were spread in 5 floors, hope...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank devilcoach
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is right at the heart of everything. Short walk to the beach and shopping. This property is undergoing a serious remodel after having sat idle for many years after a tsunami wiped it out. Many areas have been updated and are quite nice (rooms, lobby) but certain areas are still in desperate need of a makeover. I'm rooting for this place! The staff is friendly, but service can be lacking in certain areas. There aren't any dining options on-site --- yet --- but there is a decent pool and lovely views of the ocean. I was here on business and sadly Wifi is spotty and a LAN is hardly available.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank roxycape
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Second trip back to Guam in 2013 and stayed again at Verona Resort & Spa! We really like the suite option of opening up the adjoining kitchen unit. Making breakfast or a midnight snack in the suite makes the place feel like home away from home. Rooms are clean, spacious and good valued compared to other hotels in Guam.

Guam has the most lucid ocean I have ever seen. From the 9th floor of Verona you can see the clear turquoise water and bottom of the beach and the deep blue sea all at once. And somehow, being able to see part of the city landscape makes it better. Walking to the beach is just a couple of minutes and once you played in the water there you will enjoy the oceanside view so much more. The clear turquoise water in the photo is about 1.5m deep which is perfect for swimming... or when you're tired... walking!

Service is good here. We get what we need when we need it. And at the lobby we can hear the front desk staff communicating to other visitors in Japanese and Mandarin so it sounds like they get all sorts of tourists here.

Room Tip: Oceanfront suites are great
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Philip L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumon
Guam Reef & Olive Spa Resort
Hilton Guam Resort & Spa
Royal Orchid Guam Hotel
Oceanview Hotel & Residences
Guam Plaza Hotel
Guam Plaza Hotel
#3 of 11 in Tamuning
Holiday Resort & Spa Guam

Been to Verona Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!